Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Symbology


Yesterday was election day. I didn't dress up. People were disipointed. After I got to school, I realized I should have dressed in purple, you know, red and blue mixed. I think that would have been pretty cool. I don't have too many purple clothes though.

So this guy:
is our new president of the United States. I'm not sure if he can pull off a Clark Kent. The coming years are definitely going to be interesting for the United States of America. I'm not gonna' lie though, Obama's speech last night was pretty legit. He appealed to the nation's emotions last night- pathos. Mrs. Donohue taught me that. He didn't try to appeal to the ethics of the nation; he would definitely gotten some mixed emotions. And he did not try to appeal to the "logos" of the nation, that is making logical sense with all he said.

Funniest thing of the night though, watching the local news -KCAL 9- after the commotion, a reporter was speaking in front of a band who was jamming in a little club. The drummer to the reporters right, the guitarist to the left. They were jam jam jamming away as the reporter was speak speak speaking away. I don't what he was talking about, I wasn't watching him. It was one of the moments where you don't start laughing 'till after the fact, kinda like this moment- click away. I couldn't not stop laughing for a long while. Actual LOLing. Amazing.

Now explain the outfit. I wore a dead man's pants today. I'm going to go into that, mainly because I don't know as much information as I should. They were symbolizing the death of capitalism. I wore a silver tie and tie clip to represent the Robin Hood values of Barack Obama in that he is virtually stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. It really doesn't effect most people though. Oh well. I enjoyed making comparisons of the sort. Alrighty then, I guess I'm finished. "In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" Name that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment