Thursday, November 13, 2008

18 y/o


Today is my official birthday. It's pretty crazy. K, check this out. I used to never tell anybody when my birthday was. This one time in elementary school, I went the entire day without anyone knowing and then with five minutes left in class, the principal, who has a birthday list I'm assuming, gives me a ribbon. My teacher was shocked, I was embarrassed. So now, in this day of age, that is strickly impossible. Technology—mainly Facebook—has informed the entire world and definitely makes it known when my birthday is. I don't know, I just think birthdays aren't really that important to celebrate as modern civilization does. Read my previous blog post on more complex birthday thoughts.

So today was pretty cool I guess. I wore an "I can tie my shoes" ribbon on my shirt, as I was wearing sandals, like always. Two people caught that irony. But I still can tie my shoes, I'm not denying that. So yeah, I got a lot of birthday comments which I guess was nice. Jill was very disappointed I did not dress up today. I told her she would be surprised and she sure was! I looked normal, what's wrong with that? I have drumline tonight, not exactly looking forward to it. Not the way a birthday, as much as I don't like them, should be spent. Oh well, I'll make the best of it.

EDIT: Drumline turned out to be pretty rad. I got there, the place was packed with cars cause of the Simi/Royal game, so I had to park like a mile away. Turns out Kelsey and Trevor were going to leave a gift upon my car, but they couldn't find it. I don't know if that's a good thing. I still haven't struck back from the "little mishap." Anyway, Kelsey was pretty bummed. The balloons are chillin' in the drum room. It will be a little memory. After practice, Mika "surprised" me with a cupcake that wasn't the size of a cup, it was more like a bowlcake. It was pretty awesome and still warm. I was definitely surprised that she would make something like that for me. Thanks Mika if you're reading this. For the record, I took it home, and I let my family help me finish it. Pretty good stuff.

THE PARTY



I had my party on November 11, Veteran's Day. Take a look at the invite:


I passed these out to a whole bunch of people, but in the end, I missed a few important people. Oh well, what's done is done. I'd say probably 25 something came. Let me tell you, it was a good time. We went back to the ROOTS. None of this modern day dance party/video game party conformity. We played real games- some phat relays, some crazy eating games, and some door to door soliciting madness. Here's the breakdown:

  1. BUBBLE GUM BLOWING CONTEST. Pretty self-explanatory. Two wads of Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum. Single elimination.

  1. Q-TIP MADNESS. Wrap partner in sticky side out packing tape. Other partner shoots q-tips through a straw. Team with the most q-tips stuck on them at the ends wins.

  1. ORANGE BETWEEN NECKS. Two team relay. Pass orange by necks all the way down line. If the orange falls, start over.

  1. BIGGER OR BETTER HUNT. Legit game, I’ll just tell you that. Teams get designated streets and 1 hour. The object of the game is to trade the first item, a paper clip, to attain bigger or better objects. You go as many houses as possible to accomplish this feat. My team was Tommy, Beau, Patrick, and Julian. We went from paperclip, to small molding, to Halloween bucket, to singing poker bear, to big “I love you” bear, to numerous items including a hair-infested rug, dusty flowers, giant wicker vase, and a cardboard box. This was our final product. Pretty decent I suppose. The team with the table saw won easily though.

  1. MYSTERY EATS RELAY. Five teams line up. One at a time, the person would run to a brown paper bag, grab a food item randomly and eat and swallow its entirety. After a mouth check and proper waste disposal, contestant would tag next in line. Here’s the food items:
    1. Big carrots
    2. Broccoli
    3. Red licorice
    4. Snickers
    5. V8 juice
    6. Lemon
    7. Dill pickle
    8. JalapeƱo-everybody’s favorite

This game is insanely awesome and will not be forgotten anytime soon.

btw, this shot of Kyle right here ^ is my favorite. He hates pickles, yet annihilated the obstacle. Look that the emotion in his face. Classic.


This was my party. I haven't had a party since my horrible 11th birthday party with seemed like 100 little immature, screaming boys. I'm shuddering as I write. This one was a whole lot of fun though and i hope everybody who was there had a good time. To everybody who didn't go, I'm really sorry you couldn't come/I didn't invite you. Either I didn't have enough invites, I didn't see you, or I did not have the opportunity to give you one. I wish every I have ever talked to could have come and had a great time. There would have been many benefits to that.

Two more things. 1st. I want to thank every single person who acknowledged me sometime in the last week. I know I hate birthdays and everything but it sure is great to see people that care to waste breath saying "happy birthday" to me. I am grateful for everybody who has ever made an effort to talk to me or do anything for/with me. I love you guys. Without you, I would be a recluse somewhere, kinda like the recluse I'm currently trying to make a movie about. You'll hear more on that later. So thanks again.
On that note, since you are reading this, you care.
Thank you dedicated reader.


2nd. As I was opening cards and gifts, this one from my buddy Travis Yatomi made me sit in astonishment. This guy knows where it's at. Here is the front:




and the inside, reproduced in text below image:




"Yo Morgan,
Happy Birthday! But before you dismiss this card as banal, though artistic, look at it like this. I'll assume you were expecting crazy cards that most people would find unexpected, thus making it expected. But by giving you ac ard most people would expect, it suddenly becomes unexpected becasue you weren't anticipateing something expected. Hence, brilliant.
Your friend,
Travis Yatomi."


Yes, brilliance.


OH YES I ALMOST FORGOT!

check out all the pictures:

Facebook pt1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68453&l=dd487&id=714162753
Facebook pt2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68445&l=4d111&id=714162753
Myspace: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=36646369&albumId=2289893



THANK YOU GREATLY



No comments:

Post a Comment