Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Color


Let me explain the above. Today was phase 1 of a Visual Aesthetics project concerning color. Phase 1 deals with cold hue. The photo is supposed to be unedited and straight out of camera (except for the occasional crop), hence, the simplistic photo above.

If I edited it, this is what you would see:
Tell me why this version is ironic.

Yesterday, I set up my minimalistic drum set in my room. I did this for two reasons. One, I was going through drum withdrawals. Monday chapel set me off due to the band playing three songs I played with Remember at Hartland this summer. I was antsy. The second reason is I had to tune the kick and snare because they were due because I have a practice this weekend with musicians for a potential worship band. So either way, I needed to set it up. Check out the squeeze:


So most of the time the hardware reunionized, I was twisting lugs and spinning drum keys. I wish I could say they sound 100 times better. Alas, I cannot. The kick sound probably 3 times better, but better nevertheless, and the snare...well, I'm not going to say to save the snare embarrassment. Let's just say it needs work.

I'm not sure what else to write. I had some ideas, but I forgot what they were, a natural occurrence where I come from. I will tell you this though: my flag football team got slaughtered last week because my starting wide-receiver and two running-backs did not play. Boo.

random: I love when the most random people who are searching for the most random stuff on the interweb wind up on this blog. For instance, on Tuesday, September 29th, somebody searched "crayola washable laminated poster wikipedia" in Google and guess which link they clicked on? Why this blog is #3 when you search that, I will never know. If you are this person who searched for crayola washable laminated poster wikipedia, I am sorry I was not a help.

UPDATE: this blog is now #1 when you search the said term. Interesting. (Thanks Mike Cirricione for discovering this)



2nd UPDATE: it appears to be Senior Polls time at my high school. I have a pet peeve about this, if this offends you, you know why. I have a pet peeve concerning people "campaigning" for people to vote for them. Is this not defeating the purpose? It seems to me like a category like "most changed since freshman year," "best eyes," and other similar q's are opinionated questions. Especially best eyes. If I see a girl with stunning eyes, I will remember that she has stunning eyes. If Suzy Q runs up to me and yells "VOTE FOR ME FOR BEST EYES," she is trying to convince me to vote for her for best eyes. This may induce me to forget about the girl with the stunning eyes. I think if nobody "campaigned," the polls would be AWESOME because everybody would take time and think about each category and who deserves it, rather than the person that told them to vote for them last. That way, the most popular would not always be the ones winning. If everybody truly thinks about it, the people who are getting the awards will actually deserve it. In a perfect world.

2 comments:

  1. Morgan, the reason your second picture is ironic, is because your post is titled "color" but the picture is in black and white. and man do i miss your crazy outfits. collared shirt Wednesday is still going strong at Royal, so anyway, i figured its a long time since i commented on your blog so there you go.

    ReplyDelete