Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Set Your Sails


Picture description to come. EDIT: written starting at 8:43.

Today, I wore sailor's garb. I wore a shirt that had the likes of the ocean. I wore a tie that had holes on the tail (brilliant). I wore a hat that had an anchor on it. I wore sunglasses that reflected the ocean waves with a certain brilliance. I wore Nautica shorts (definitely sailing material) and Sperry Top Siders, the classic boat shoe. There is no reason why I wore sailor's garb. In the picture above, I am standing on the wall and speaking to a girl walking on the floor above mine. She asked me if I was taking a picture, to which I replied, with a touch of the glasses, "Yes." You have just experienced that conversation. Earlier, I had planned to write more in this section, but, alas, I have no inspiration. Read on, blog followers: the rest of this blog entry was written much earlier and is much better suited for enjoyment. I encourage you to enjoy it.

//8:47

Carry on.




Boy are you in for a treat. For visual aesthetics, we had a color assignment in which we had to demonstrate different aspects of color and lighting. At the closure, I had 13 unedited shots that met the proper criteria. You are about to see ------------------ of those 13, that I have edited, because post is most necessary for prime viewing. Enjoy.

Color Symbolism

High Energy Forground vs. Low Energy Background
Low BrightnessWarm Hues

High Brightness
High Saturation


I have a few objectives to discuss. First: chewing gum.

I have noticed that chewing gum often makes a person look decently idiotic. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh. We've all seen it: some person in a group, chomping away at the little rubber-like substance in their mouth. We've compared it to a cow, munching on its mulch. Why do people like to be compared to livestock? I want to continue, but I think I will begin to go down a path that nobody wants to read and I don't want to write. Here's a last thought: if you are going to chew gum, recognize you are chewing gum, and don't think it is fun to get people to guess what brand of chewing gum you are in fact chewing. It's not miniature golf.

On the brighter side of the grassy knoll, I have developed a liking for honeydew, you know, that tasteless green melon. Every meal in the caf, I get fruit. The fruit varies every day, from cantaloupe to grapefruit, to honeydew, to oranges, to grapes, etc. However, there is ALWAYS honeydew because, most likely, nobody prefers it. Because of this, there is always a mountain of honeydew next to the sparse pickings of the cantaloupe, so naturally I grab some solid looking honeydew. Honeydew actually does have a flavor believe it or not. It is not strong: honeydew juice would not be good: but, combined with the crunch that sets it apart from canteloupe and other melons, it actually is quite delightful. This surprised me, as it may surprise you. Maybe I'm wrong and its all a falsity. I'm sorry. Right now, I'm enjoying it and you should go out and experience Honeydew for yourself.

On the social networking side of things, I have actually been relatively behind the times in terms of instant messaging. I just recently picked up an iChat account (AIM) and if you want to chat, video or textual, or do whatever else you do on iChat (unbeknown to me), send me your screen name by means of an email (click this link: click). We'll see what happens from there.



That's it. I hope you have a wonderful day today because you might as well enjoy the weather, whether you are inside or out. Breath in that air: inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale: it's second nature. Think about second nature mechanisms a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment