Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fisheye


I have a few things on my mind. I have them in a list. This may be a little structured for your tastes.

To begin, the photo. There is actually quite a bit of symbolism involved and I will attempt to explain it. You'll notice the fisheye. If you don't know what this means (I was going to try and explain it, but I just realized that I have no idea how to explain it--sorry), then I'm sorry. Google it. The reason for this deliberate effect on the photo is that I have been wearing my glasses a lot lately because my eyes have been irritated for a while, so I'm giving them a little break. The fact of the matter is that my glass are a few prescription notches low, so that doesn't help anything, and it puts a slight fisheye effect on everything I look at. So the way you see that picture up top? That's the way I see most everything...it may be exaggerated a bit. You'll notice the tie and white shirt. This is symbolism of the roots of "It's Wednesday." When the tradition began, I would wear a white SS collared shirt with a tie. That's what I did today. Also, if you can't tell in the picture, I am wearing a tie with numerous knights and medieval characters riding horseback, some with swords, some with horns, some with armor. This tie is representative of the "medieval times" restaurant and show that is nearby. I have never been and I will continue to never go until I actually go. This tie represents that. The pants and shoes show an interesting color palette choice. The tie somewhat matched the pants, but in the same "off" manner as the dirty off-white shoes match the white shirt. Hmm...interesting. You'll notice the granola bar. Already, I have made a habit of missing breakfast, even in the confines of my room, so I must resort to granola bars. It's not good and not substantial. I'll work on that.

To second, cranberry juice. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really am enjoying the cranberry juice here. There has been a few instances where it runs out in the machines and I literally burst out in frustration. However, in my enjoyance of cranberry juice, I have come to miss milk. Milk is a wonderful drink and I miss the soothing qualities it delivers when paired with pizza, or pasta, or tacos, or a sandwich. I miss 2%, I may have to go on the hunt.

To third, scootering. Interesting topic because you are not supposed to ride skateboards, longboards, or bikes around campus, but scooters are alright. So I have my scooter and am fully enjoying its benefits in arriving at my destination in a much greater speed than walking. However, it has been brought to my attention that "you can tell the freshman by who rides scooters." This is ridiculous. Even though I am a freshman and ride a scooter (imagine that), why don't the older folks ride them? They're missing out for sure. Yeah maybe it looks childish, but hey, I'm going to be in the middle of my meal before you arrive at the caf. I believe scooters a beneficial.

To fourth, room tour. Welcome to the Stewart 170 tour. Please keep all arms, legs, and other appendages inside the vehicles at all times. If there is a segment that is looked over or not shown, the authorities can not be blamed. If you need the vehicle to stop during any emergency, please place your hand on the "Emergency Stop" handrail on your right side. Thank you and enjoy your journey.

First stop: the desk.


This is where the work is done. This is where the blog is written. This is where stuff from my pockets are placed. This is where the tunes explode. This is where it virtually all goes down. Tour secret: the abominable snowman in the center of the desk, you see him; his eyes glow.



Second stop: if you look to your right, you will see the bookshelf.


You will see the subwoofer. you will see a volcom Hawaii bank. You will see a Red Bull. You will see penned sphere. You will see Sherlock Holmes. You will see my family. You will a nice solid green paper with black text. Tour secret: There is a book that was found in the Royal High School dumpster in the bookshelf.



Third stop: the wall.


Whenever I see a legit piece of comic mastery, I cut it out, "laminate" it, and stick it on the wall. Look at them and enjoy. You will laugh. If you don't laugh, you'll get a free refund of this tour. You will laugh though. I also have the golden ticket. I gave Charlie one of the laminated comic strips, a Bizarro comic from 2008. Tour secret: "Argyle Sweater" is very interesting and humorous if you read into it more.

Fourth stop: the closet.

This is where the clothing, food, shoes and other goodies are stored. Not much to see unless you know what you are looking for. Tour secret: There are five suits, exluding the smelly brown one, in the closet.



Fifth and final stop: the inspiration.


Let me clarify: the inspiration. This is what the inspiration reads: "Video Production Professional - Rudy Campos." This is why I am in the film program. I want to be the Video Production Professional, just like Rudy Campos was before me. Tour Secret: This picture is hanging by two of my three nails.



And that's the tour. Please exit to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment