Wednesday, September 16, 2009

In-N-New




Out with the old, in with the new.

The first new is this. You may have noticed a new header. If not, scroll up and look at it. I can assure you it is new, at least new since last Wednesday. I still haven't decided yet if I like it better than the old one. I think it shows maturity as I graduated high school and am now in college, but at the same time, it lacks the representation of the glory days. Ah. It's here to stay. Also, if you scroll down and look to your right, you will see a new column labeled "The Top Five Posts." These are my top favorite posts of all time, some because they punch me in the face with an awesome memory, some for the content posted, some for the random creativity that inspires me to do better. See for yourself and decide for yourself. Make a "The Top Five Posts" of your own and send it to me. I'll post it on this blog for the world to see. I'm not even kidding. Happy ranking!

The second new is this. Not only is this blog going to be about whats on my mind right now, it will be on whats really on my mind during the week. Let me explain: on my computer I have a "stickie" note on my desktop that I write new "blog topics" on. That sentence was horribly structured. So now, when something is really interesting to me and I feel like writing a spiel about it to the interwebbed world, I will not forget what I was pumped about come Wednesday. Maybe, I'll just try this out. It may become to much of a hassle because I might get sick of writing.

First on the menu, today: I went for the earthy tones. Tan, brown, charcoal, dark pink, turquoise, denim, dark gold. The earthy tones. I must admit, the tie does not fit with the rest of the meal. However, this is my supposition: I am a sponsored snowboarder who, during the summer, has a meeting with the head of his binding's supplier. He must carry his backback containing his laptop because he needs to be checking out the new lines of gear coming up for Winter 09 while on the train to his meeting. If you have any other ideas: shoot.

I must admit, like with the tie, that today's "description" is lacking. There really is little to talk about. It's school, I'm at school, headed to lunch in a few, headed to class at 1: 30, and the day continues. Exciting? From what you're reading, absolutely not. But who knows what I'm keeping out? You don't. Sorry.





The In-N-New

Next up, the Zune HD. This may get a little technological for all you simplistic folk, so if you aren't interested, feel free to skip this section. Actually, I probably won't go all nutso on the specs...maybe just some opinion. I've been a Creative guy for a long long time. The Creative Zen Vision: M is still my mp3 player of choice and it still beats out most of the competition out there (I wrote a argumentative paper on this is high school. If you'd like to read it, let me know). However, that player came out a long long time ago and Creative has been unable to raise the bar to the point where I desire to spend a good amount of money on them. Now the Zune HD is coming out and it's tempting. Don't get me wrong, I probably will never get this player. However, what is really attractive about it, to me of course (it's subjective), is the graphics side to the player. The screen is stunning and what they did with the typography in the Zune UI is absolutely incredible. Take a look: video. In fact, the whole UI is stunning. It is beautiful. That's my main draw and sadly, I will never buy it.

"Where The Wild Things Are" -- interesting. It is probably just me, but....I'll just give you my opinion. This children's story is a classic. Everybody who grew up in the last 40 years has read this book and it has captured the hearts of kids everywhere. Now, in 2009, give or take a year, they decide to make a movie. Now, often times with an adored book, the movie changes it for the worst. However, this children's book is so abstract and innocent, that can it be messed up? I guess we'll have to see. I will admit, it looks promising. Adults and children alike are pumped, just read the comments on the trailers on youtube. I must say, the trailer shows many good aspects and hopefully will reflect the actual film. One of my favorite aspects of the film's artsy marketing side is the use of the extremely childish type and childish ambition. Take a look below at one of the posters:


Incredible. I absolutely love how the title is crooked and the letters are so incredibly free handed...mmm it makes me smile. I wonder how professional designers think of this? At first I didn't know what to think. But it appeals to the childish side in all of us, young and old, and forces an emotion that I definitely can't explain. I'm impressed.

Continuing with movies, I stumbled upon this video:


It's by this guy called Pogo. His original video was pulled off of the internet because of copyright restrictions, people are upset, Pogo is upset for the following reasons which are listed on his blog: http://pogotracks.blogspot.com/. Anyway, this song is absolutely astounding. It is a killer jam that lulls your ears into sweet melancholy due youtube stripping its rights. Search "bangarang pogo" on youtube and you'll see people's reactions. This song is awesome beyond belief. And with that, Hook is an awesome beyond belief movie. I need to watch it again. Bring's back childhood memories. Like Johnny Tsunami--best movie possibly of all time.


EDIT: see what did I tell you: that video is already down in the dumps. Just search "Bangarang Pogo" in youtube and you are bound to find it. It is definitely worth jamming to.

No comments:

Post a Comment