Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Day After


Ok, so you may recognize this particular outfit from this post http://emliv.blogspot.com/2008/08/august-20-2008-wednesday.html
This is okay. I wore this in the summer to a day at drumline, I never wore it to school during the school year, so it's all good. Anyway,

The people have voted. Yesterday, I promoted a poll that described my outfits and the people voted for what i would wear to the senior poll announcements. In an overwhelming victory, the 80's tennis outfit destroyed the other competitors. Therefore, I am wearing my Björn Borg garb. Last night was probably the greatest in a while. First, I walked into the mpr to a room full, let me reiterate that, FULL, room of seniors. I had no idea there was near that many people in my class. Anyway, I walk in through an open door, never asked where I came from or how I got in. I grabbed my pizza, went to a few friends, then I decided to go change into my "best dressed" garb - 80's tennis 101. So I walk out the same door I came in; however, this time, I walk past a chilling Mr. Houghton who instantly demands where I was going. I told him, calmly, and he told me to go around to the other side so the people knew what I was doing. I had no idea! I could have gotten into the senior dinner for free, even though I already did.

So I went to my car and changed. I'm not gonna lie, I was getting pumped. This outfit really brings the good out of me. When I finish, I grab my sweet "Jack Kramer Autograph" edition racket, and head back to the mpr. As I walk in this is what I hear: "For best dressed, Morgan Lott!" I heard this as I was walking in. So I raised my racket above my head and yelled. All of a sudden the 300 some seniors (thanks Kelsey Kras) in the room turned their head to the stage-right side and looked at me. I've never gotten that much applause in my life. It was pretty exhilerating. I also enjoyed Mo-Mo's constant waves and shout-out's to me, even while the attention was on the other winners.

That's my story. I hope you were there to experience it. I want to the thank the Royal High School senior class for voting for me and participating in this tradition called "Senior Polls." I am honored to represent Royal High School as the best dressed male. And it just makes me think that starting up "collared shirt Wednesday" three years ago was definitely not a mistake. In fact, it has defined who I am. It is my pride and glory. It's probably what I'll be remembered for. So be it.

The way I see it, the senior dinner was the first sign of the end of the year. We, the seniors, are going to graduate and move to bigger and better things, pretty quickly too. The memories will last, friends will last, but new better memories and new better friends are just waiting to be made. I hope high school will not be forgotten though. I know I've learned a lot. Farewell class of '09. You are greatly appreciated. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, if you know what I mean.

P.s. I know you are all waiting in anticipation for a picture. There will definitely be one, it just will come later. Stop fretting.

P.s.s. Your wishes have been fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment