Sunday, October 19, 2008

Relatively Irrelevant: Weekandy


So I went to school on Friday in spirit clothes. I've never done that before. Plus, I was wearing my royal brigade shirt, something else I have never done before. Pretty crazy. People seemed to like it though. For instance, I walked into the choir room during second period to deliver a dvd and the teacher exclaimed, "Wow, I don't think you have enough school spirit." I didn't get what she was talking about as I forgot I was wearing what I was wearing. Lovely.
Then that night was non-uniform night for drumline=STOKED. So much better, I couldn't believe it. I actually had a pretty good time talking with people 'cause i wasn't in my stupid uniform. For the record, I know there was a few people who wanted to talk to me while I was walking around, sorry if I ignored you. There were a few people at the game that wouldn't have come under normal circumstances, so I felt they were the primary social event. Don't worry. In other news, our team got killed. I wasn't the best game of the year, you can be sure of that.

Alright so Saturday=the Royal Classic.
Holy cow, what a day. So we performed twice, doing the exact same thing twice, twice. Did you hear me? Twice. We had to dress, do our show, then play for awards. Twice, twice. Pretty crazy if you ask me. It was a long day to say the least. It was a good time though, one of the better Royal Classic's I've helped/performed at. So here's the story. I was asked to design the cover of the program, so I sent a rough draft in with an accidental spelling error. I quickly fixed it, but because it was a rough draft I figured it was okay. To make a long story short, it wasn't. They printed my rough draft! So hundreds and hundreds of programs went out into the world yesterday with a phat spelling error right on the front of the stupid thing. I felt like such an idiot. Moving on. Evening performance. Senior get to wear kilts. Interesting situation. Let me explain. Traditional kilt wearing often times involves no undergarments, especially in the Scotland. This quote is directly taken from Wikipedia.com: "in some circumstances underwear is prohibited by military regulations." Look at that: prohibited. So, it's always an interesting time when the seniors put on their kilts. Not many people do it. Most either chicken out from fear of falling or being checked. I figured this is the only time I'm going to wear a kilt in my entire life and if I am going to in fact wear a kilt, I will be the most Scottish I could possibly be. So me and four others in the band went for it. Little did I know, while drumline was away warming up, the four others got caught and had to change. This left me. The only senior in the entire band being a traditional Scot. I am proud to say the least. I have left my legacy upon the Royal Highland Brigade and I sure hope the seniors next year will be able to wear the kilts as the 2009 seniors have.

Sunday: I began filming with my buddies from "White Washed." We are doing the sequel. It's gonna blow your mind. Pretty intense story line let me tell you. If you didn't already know, this is "White Washed" Watch it. You won't regret it. And then you'll be able to watch the sequel without missing a beat! Hooray! So anyway: a good time. Then, to a leadership BBQ at my youth pastor's house. We had some tight discussion about prayer and the emotional and physchological aspects of it. Pretty heavy stuff. I really enjoyed it, and got a whole lot of out. Plus, I ate about 12 pieces of DELICIOUS tri-tip my youth paster Jimbo cooked up. Oh, I can taste the savory goodness in my mouth as I type. Wonderful. Overall, night well spent.

This blog post reminds me of Kyle Dietz' blog entries. He's got some pretty good stuff and a whole lot to say. I have enormous respect for this kid, as he pours out his heart for the world to see, fighting the battles of modern day Christianity. He's settin' a mighty fine example for a working Christian that's for sure. Keep up the good work.

3 comments:

  1. You are quite right, most Scotsmen don't wear underwear beneath their kilts, and you were quite brave to do so under the circumstances.

    If you would like more information on the kilt then please visit my site at www.your-kilt.com

    Kind regards,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but as you forgot to mention as to what the wikipedia article says after your quote.
    "but is generally required, or at least recommended, for activities"

    ReplyDelete
  3. to finish the quote: "such as dancing." i was not dancing. Look at what "David" said in the first comment. http://www.your-kilt.com/Wear.html

    ReplyDelete