Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentined



EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Friends, this is the 200th post of this blog. 200. Something else monumental happened this week. 20,000 views. "It's Wednesday!" has been viewed 20,000 separate times since it's creation in 2008.  And this is the 200th post.  It's been quite the journey, people.  This thing has survived through the best of times, the worst of times, the age of wisdom, the epoch of incredulity. This thing has survived through times of drought, through times of abundance, through times of obviousness, through times of mystery. 

20,000 views from you, the reader. 200 posts from me, the writer. Thank you. Seriously.



It was raining today. Rain is the pits. I'm not going go into that.

Don't mistake me though, today was great! Other than the rain. Here. Take a look. I took this picture about a half an hour ago right outside my apartment:



This rainbow rainblew my mind. The picture doesn't do the real thing justice, this rainbow was off-the-wall vivid, the colors radiated through the sky and pierced my pupils, making my eyes get real big, forcing me to take off running, grabbing my roommates to check out the "they're-after-me-lucky-charms" extravaganza.

Rainbows are up there on my "favorite things" list.  It's a promise given to us by our Creator. And a reminder. Unreal. In awe. Awesome.

13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. - Genesis 9:13-15



So yesterday was St. Valentine's Day. This was me yesterday, during St. Valentine's Day.



Valentine's Day is one of bizarre-est holiday's on this planet.  It's a day about love... I guess. I enjoy watching the festivities take place. Lots of roses, lots of holding hands, lots of smoochy smooches. I wore my Grandpa's Sun Maid Raisin's hat and my 101 Dalmatians tie from Ms. Ellie Mullins.  Red and white, red and white.  Good day, no doubt.

The night is better though. So my Tuesday's are crazy, I've got class for hours and hours on end.  I get out of class at 10:00 PM and head back to Tropicana and find an apartment full of girls who were previously going to see The Vow but had bowed out and bought the newest Twilight movie instead, insisting on a movie night. So what did I do? Well, I watched a movie I've only heard girls squeal about. I watched a movie about vampires, werewolves, weddings, and love. I watched a movie that millions upon millions of people, mostly of the female kind, absolutely adore. I watched Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 with a bunch of girls and a couple dudes. I also ate chocolate, a lot of chocolate. 

So, the movie ended, the girls swooned, the guys gaffed. The Ms. Amanda Cooper had this brilliant idea: "LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!" It was 1:30 AM. Earlier that day, I had eaten a Dove chocolate and this is what it read:


Friends, end of story. We had to go. So we took off, Ms. Amanda Cooper, Ms. Veronica Luckey, and Ms. Brittany Watts, Mr. Ben Jacuk and I took a drive to Seal Beach in the middle middle of night.
It was cold, real cold.  It was also strangely reminiscent to the madness that was the Kids of the Run all-night-bonfire-party that took place last semester (take a gander at that story here, near the end: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2011/11/tick-tock.html). Seal Beach is an interesting beach, very industrial. Also, I had IMMENSE stomach pains the entire time, I think it was the massive amounts of chocolate I ate while feasting my eyes on Twilight.  BUT, definitely definitely definitely a good time. Spontaneous events like this make life just THAT much better. Seriously. Here's a picture of us laying perhaps a little too close to the water on the frigid sand.  Good times.



We ended up getting back to Tropicana around 4 in the morning. It was early. It was late. I'm sure we all had problems getting up/staying awake the next day (today). But you know what? It was all worth it, all 100% of it. This is memories in the making. These are memories in the making. Then BOOM, we've got a memory. It's a beautiful thing.





And I believe that is all there is to report on! I always enjoy blog posts like this, blog posts with stories, blog posts that are interesting to read, look at, watch. I hope you do too.



I'm going to pass Dove's advice onto you:

DO SOMETHING SPONTANEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment