Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finale



It's finals week, what a week.  Do you know what happens around finals week?  Well, a lot of things, a lot of time consuming things that eat time like Augustus Gloop scarfs sweets.  May I say one thing?  The year is over and I'm not prepared.  Time snuck up and swallowed the semester and now we're literally hours from summer vacation.

INCREDIBLE.

So, because of permitting time, I'm going to show you  three fun videos.  Next week, I'll show you some of my work from the semester, but not this week, because time has other plans.  I could also talk about time because time is remarkable, so remarkable that the whole world revolves around it, the axis and time.

Three fun videos, right.


The first is great.  Mr. Drew Eccleston posted this a bit ago and I was, in a word, intrigued.  I don't know if this was the intention of the video, I think it might be, but this music presents what American English sounds like to a non-English speakers.  You have doubts going into it, but as it plays through, you realize it actually does sound like English and you actually can't understand a word they're saying.  It's quite surreal.

The music video is quite interesting too.  That choreography is off the hook.







The next is decently comical.  So California's claim to fame, the In-n-Out Burger, opened it's first set of doors in Texas recently.  Texas went ape.  Check out this video.  The tears are pouring.






Lastly, this video rocked my world.  Just recently, on May 22, there were some terrible storms in the Missouri area.  They really sent those communities for a loop and forced some heavy lifting from the surrounding areas.  This video was taken while the tornado was ripping through Joplin, MO, it was taken as the tornado was ripping through the store these people were in.  This video is INSANE.














On that note, CARPE DIEM. Seize the day.  You never know what's around the corner.




Enjoy the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment