Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tabled



How are you today? Weather treating you well? How's work/school/chillaxin?  When is the last time you drank a fruit smoothie?  We all have questions, and most of the time we have answers to the questions.  Right now, I have a pretty intense question: how do I fit all that needs to be done, including getting a good nights rest, into the 24 hours we are given in a day?  If I knew the answer to that question, I'd be pumped, rested, and ready to rock at every waking hour.


I have a few different things to talk about. 1st?  Justin Bieber.  You may say "What? Really? You're kidding, right?"  This is not a joke.  Over the last few weeks, I've come to appreciate Justin Bieber.  Why?  I've come to realize this dude is pretty genuinely talented, he's not your typical Disney Channel star turned rockstar overnight who just, honestly, isn't that good.  Nope, big man JB found his start upon youtube.com, impressing the masses, including Scooter Braun who introduced him to Usher who was so impressed....well it's all just history.  I'm not a particular fan of JB's music, I have not contracted the Bieber Fever, but I am going to admit he's talented, because he is.  Additionally, I have been impressed by JB's attitude and drive after becoming a world renown star overnight.  From what I've seen in interviews and such, he's just a kid having a good time, enjoys a sports-related ringtone, and actually has remarkable humility for his position in the entertainment industry.  I haven't done a whole lot of reading/watching, so I may just be speculating, but hey, JB keep it up, Buddy.  





Next, this week marks the first round of directing project.  For mine, oh mine, I'll let you just watch it, there really aren't words to describe it.  I have been calling the "craziest-video-I've-ever-made."  I don't know if that's true, but definitely makes it into the finals.


Generic from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.



Nutty.


Third, the POG revolution has arrived at Biola University.  Last week, if you recall (if you don't: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2011/02/reevaulate.html), I talked POG (Passion Orange Guava juice) up, explaining that Mr. Michael Warnecke and I took matters into our own hands and began requesting the Biola cafeteria supply it's customers with the delicable island drink that is POG: "On the note of POG, we (now a group of probably 10 people) have been asking the Biola cafeteria to supply the populous with the incredible POG juice.  We requested enough times that they claim they are finding out from their suppliers if POG is an option.  It's happening, the POG revolution is here."

So here's what happened, we requested, we requested, they responded saying they were looking at vendors, few days pass, a note appears on one of our "current status of POG search?" request cards: "We will be serving POG starting Tuesday morning!"  We could not be more happy, because we normally do not do breakfast, we got up extra early to get some delicious POG.  We hit up the caf, had trouble finding the POG, had trouble making the juice dispecer actually dispence POG, but when it was all said and done, we had cups full of POG and, my favorite, POG Berry (POG and cranberry fusion).  Let's just say it was heavenly.  I simply cannot believe we sought out to get something, we told people about it, we requested, requested, requested, and we received.  Well done, Biola Cafeteria, you guys flew to the top tier of my BEST-EVER list.  Can't wait for my next glass.



NOW, I've got some video for you, an interesting lineup to say the least:


1_

This is "Children Go Where I Send Thee" by Tennessee Ernie Ford, and little dude on Tennessee Ernie Ford's right, our left, is PUMPED. This dude feels like beat deep deep in his soul. Good for him, let's take notes. I'M FEELING IT.





2_

Introducing the most incredible lightshow I've ever seen. I have not a clue about how they pulled this off, all I know is it is incredible, and I sit in awe from behind my computer screen. BEASTLY.


Licht Festival Gent 2011 from Mr.Beam on Vimeo.



3_


Here's how a man eats a banana, go big or go home.





4_


There's just something about this next video. I think it may be the music. I think it may be the gang of cats. I think it may be that even cats get confuzzled. I think it may be that the gentleman and the cat communicate so effectively. I think it may be this video:












And there you have it, a little tidbit of the week.  Boom boom bam.  I feel like I'm forgetting something.  Maybe I am.  Forgetfulness, now there's a topic.  I forgot was I was going to say about forgetfulness though; oh yes, I was going to say forgetfulness is a great topic.



Have a pleasant morning/afternoon/evening.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment