Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reevaulate



Yikes. I'm going to apologize in advance, because this post is going to be lacking. I'm really sorry, I don't really know what to make of it. I feel all I do on this blog is apologize. But I guess it makes sense because I'm not supplying the content you, the reader, deserve.

It's cold and rainy here. Doesn't make sense, especially because this last Saturday was arguably the best day of the year: I had 2-3 hours where I could just chill (which was enough to claim "best" by itself), the sun was shining bright and beautiful, and, because we live on the best floor on campus, we basked in the sun right outside our door. Pumping though the walls and into the sun was some beautiful reggae jams, most notably "Set Sail" by The Movement (Listen while you read):


You simply cannot help but enjoy life whilst listening to that jam.  Here's kind of an aside.  At Hume Lake, where I worked this past summer, POG (Passion Orange Guava) juice was readily available for consumption.  I grew accustomed to POG and most of my meals were accompanied by a phat cup of POG, sometimes with a splash of Cranberry.  All this to say, after I left Hume, my POG life departed from me, I have been craving POG every since.  My next door neighbor, Mr. Michael Warnecke, a chill bruddah from Hawai'i, lives of POG as well as the Hawai'i folk have gallon access 24 hours a day.  All that to say, he's been craving it as well.  SO, return to the beautiful, sunny, movement, day.  We are enjoying the sun, Mr. Michael Warnecke exclaims that he has a powder mix that will make a Lilikoi Passion drink, a drink that may, under the right conditions taste like POG.  I concocted the mix and poured a couple glasses, didn't taste like POG, but was a delightful island drink nonetheless.  So here's the scene: sun, reggae, fruity drink, candy, and a few hours.  Man alivin' it was a good day.

On the note of POG, we (now a group of probably 10 people) have been asking the Biola cafeteria to supply the populus with the incredible POG juice.  We requested enough times that they claim they are finding out from their suppliers if POG is an option.  It's happening, the POG revolution is here.




That turned into a considerable little post!  I never know where these things are going to end up.  I've got an even further twist for you:




I'm bring back something from way back when, just for reading's sake.  I found this winner buried within the depths of my computer.  It dates back to 2003 when I was into, well, very peculiar random things.  Check this out:





I'm sorry, I posted this whacko poem in here, but then I read it which I haven't done probably since 2003 when I found it, and I realized the imagery was well, not appropriate for this blog.  Let's just say the dude was trippin'.   I thought it was hilarious and random back then, which it is indeed, but I now know what was going on...


Yikes.




I watched this video this morning, I enjoyed it. Could be fake, I hope it's real, it could be real. Either way, this guy is on the cusp of something great.






Here's another video that blows the mind.  I have a majority of respect for this gentleman.

"the day before I shot this video, i was SUP surfing with a couple friends and 2 sharks circled us for about 15 minutes. the next day, i decided to go back out at around the same time and take my GO PRO HD HERO camera (gopro.com) mounted on a 10 ft pole and do some exploring.  Sure enough within 5 minutes a 9 ft shark came out of no where and circled twice and slapped his tail on my board before disappearing. then a minute later a 7 ft young juvenile Great White swam circles around me for 12 minutes. It was an unreal experience that I will cherish forever." - Chuck Patterson



Me my Shark and I from Chuck Patterson on Vimeo.









That's the post for today.  Hope it was enjoyable.  Let the good times fly.







Have a good one.  Drink your favorite fruit juice.

1 comment:

  1. If you guys get POG, I might transfer.
    haha just kidding. :)

    I was up at hume a couple of weekends ago and was stoked to get some POG in my system. Sammy Mull and I went up to staff dining, eager with anticipation for it. Of course, lucky us, the POG was out. Water came out.

    Needless to say, we were devestated. Just thought you'd enjoy that story. We have POG here at CBU but it is definitely NOT the same POG. haha

    Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete