Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blask



Another Wednesday, another experience, another opportunity.  It's February, the month that is difficult to pronounce because of that sneaky "r" chillin' after the "b."  January was a breeze, a little spark that set the fire of 2011 ablaze.  January was an inkling of thought, just a wee little bit of a start of something, but didn't pick up and moved on after January didn't pull it off.  What am I talking about?  You have just about as much a clue as I do.

We started the 2011 Spring Semester this week, let me tell you, it's going to be a DOOZY.  Classes are intense and the work load is going to be nutty, but guess what? It's time to learn, that's what college is all about, and if that means cramming as much material into this little head of mine and learning how to manage time well, let's do this thing.  It's going to be a challenge, no doubt, but it's going to be one swell set of 16 weeks.



So last week, Mawwiage Films released our second wedding Moment for Chad and Rachel Glazener.  This wedding was a great experience, the ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful and everybody involved were just top notch.  It was a good time and the video turned out really well, and now, for your enjoyment, it sits below, waiting for you to return January 8, 2011 and enjoy this moment.


Chad & Rachel from Mawwiage Films on Vimeo.



Other than that, I don't have a whole lot to talk about.  I feel like something has changed with this blog.  It used to be that I would come up with topics to discuss, even if it is as amateur as watching paint dry (which is a brilliant experience by the way); either way, I used to discuss topics on this here blog, that hasn't really happened recently.  It's too bad, maybe I'm just not inspired.  Strange.  Maybe that will change soon.

I have some video for you though, maybe that will serve as the inspiration.



Scratch that, I have something to talk about albeit short.  Last Saturday, the final Saturday of the massive 6 week winter break, a group of guys and I headed down to San Deigo to hit up Soma to experience a concert.  The lineup? Underoath, Thursday, A Skylit Drive, and Animals As Leaders.  We had been looking forward to this jam of a time for quite a while and now it was here and we were ready to ROCK.  I'm not going to get super detailed, I'll just touch on a few things.  First, Animals As Leaders absolutely RIPPED.  3 dudes: a drummer and two guitarists, no vocalist, no bassist.  However, the 2 guitarists both jammed on 8 string guitars and the drummer was out of this world.  The guitarist's fingers could have beat a cheetah in a footrace and the drummer's polyrhymic power was overpowering.  These guys had talent flowing out of the ears and they rocked the place!  Soma just sat and watched in awe of these fellas and the music they were producing.  ASD and Thursday proceeded to play, which were good, but I just don't have time to write about them. Sorry.  Underoath came on next.  Underoath is one of the bands that I jam to that I've never seen live for whatever reason, don't know why, doesn't make sense.  So, that being said, I had been waiting years for this moment.  Let me tell you, UO does not disappoint, they put on a killer show, played old and new, had way legit video projections behind them (I think they were made by Daniel Davison, the drummer, and his production company Isthmus Studio. I may be wrong.  Either way, the video was straight up krill).  I still can't believe it happened, I had the time of my life.

Concerts in general are fun.  You get to get sweaty and run into people and listen to super loud music and go nuts and other things.  Concerts are rad.  I dig 'em.


So, NOW, there's some video for you.  Fun fun.



This first guy just get's me pumped.  It takes you back to childhood and then slams into adulthood for the ride of your life.  The ultimate slip 'n' slide, no preparation necessary.  Looks like a blast.  That'll serve for some inspiration.







This next one is set here for sole enjoyment.  I've never seen anything like this, it's nothing that special, but it when it comes down to it, you kinda just sit in curiosity to what is really going on.  Inspirational.

Click the anywhere in the box below to begin. 



So concludes.  Craziness craziness.




Enjoy your day today.  It's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment