Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Warn'd



Just a warning, this post has the potential to be one of the least exciting posts of all time. That's just coming from the "right now." That may be different 3 sentences from now, who knows. Just right now, I don't have much planned, so we'll see where it goes. Just a disclaimer, just a warning.



This weeks' been good. Busy busy busy. Saturday? Mawwiage Films (http://mawwiagefilms.com) went to Aneheim to capture the debut of Ms. Katrina Maddela. If you don't know, a debut is defined as the presentation of a debutante in society. Similarly, if you don't know, a debutante is a young woman making her debut into society. And there you have it. Want a tease? Enjoy:


Katrina Maddela's Debut: The Teaser from Mawwiage Films on Vimeo.



Moving on, hey, so I am in a couple art classes, two design classes, Integrated Design 1 and Letters & Symbols, that are blowing my mind clear out of the water. I've never had instruction like this, so it's been quite the trip. It's been a ton of work, so I figured I show the internet world a small sample of this ton of work. It's kind of hard to explain what these assignments are, but I'll try.

The first set is pretty self explanatory, we had to take certain words and effectively communicate them solely through the use of a typeface.







The second set is real hard to explain. This is Part 4 of a 5 part series, in which we build upon what we ended with in the last exercise. This part was focusing on color and relationships different values and saturations have with each other. Good stuff.






This third set: we had to use typefaces and their characters to create compelling compositions within a square frame.  Do these look like letters to you?  Doesn't really matter, cause they are. 




So that's it, folks.  I know, kind of skimpy.  At least you probably had a good time scrolling.  I'll talk to you soon, perhaps when I have more time.  Time, I could just go on and on about time.



Farewell, enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment