Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Shack



Good morning sunny California.  The sun's out and we're loving it.  Mr. Michael Warnecke said I worked at the surf shack.  I can take that.


Hey, so this week has been intense, super intense.  So intense, I'm not really going to get into it.  But here's the moral of the story: life is intense, it's going to be intense, might as well buckle up and enjoy the ride!  Sometimes there's bumps, you might get a bruise or two, but that's not going to stop this ride from flying around the next corner.  I guess you could call that a word of encouragement, maybe a few words of encouragement; it actually encouraged me, in fact.


So, I've got some exciting news: Mawwiage Films has officially entered the Crexendo website competition hosted by Biola.  They are looking at a whole lot of different factors, but, as a shameless plug, if you wouldn't mind spreading this guy around, that'd be awesome, especially to people who are looking at getting married.

Link: http://mawwiagefilms.com   
Los Angeles and Orange County Wedding Videography

Mawwiage Films | Los Angeles and Orange County Wedding Videography



Hey, and if you like what we do, if you've seen Mawwiage videos and enjoyed them, take a second and like our facebook page!  Click the banner below:

Facebook, Mawwiage Films | Los Angeles and Orange County Wedding Videography




Awesome.





So, the topic of Biola University the last few days to few weeks has been Mr. Justin Bieber.  A phatty rumor was started: Mr. Justin Bieber has applied to Biola University for the Fall 2011 semester.  All of a sudden, Mr. Justin Bieber was the talk to the campus; was it true, was it false, was it cool, was it incredible?  People tweeted, people facebooked, in one particular instance, a fake facebook profile was created for the singer in order for Biola people to become "friends" with the legend.  As I watched the internet meme form, I really wondered what could come of this.  If Mr. Justin Bieber actually did come to Biola, how would people react?  I would hope that people would treat him like a normal person, not flip out when they walk past him in the caf, say "What Up Justin" in passing.  This is what I would hope.  However, what I watched form on the internet was a ridiculous fanfare of posts, a surefire way to hestitate Mr. Bieber.  It got to the point where Mr. Bieber was said to be replacing the Eagle as the Biola mascot.  Now, if you were Mr. Justin Bieber and you saw someone post that about you and your potential future school, would you really deep down want to go there?  I can't say I would.  Maybe Mr. Bieber is different.  Either way, people around Biola bascially flipped and went NUTTY over this rumor.  It was the talk, it was the life.  I got asked 3,231 times by people who knew I worked in Admissions if I knew the real answer.  I told them I did, but I wasn't going to tell them the real answer, got to keep the rumor a rumor.  Earlier this week, the Chimes, the Biola newspaper, broke the story, Mr. Justin Bieber was in fact NOT coming to Biola, at least for next semester.  People reacted, but the rumor did not fizzle.  The next day, Mr. Andre Stephens, the head of Biola Admissions (my boss in a sense), received this:



Think what you want.



Biola caught Bieber Fever.  Mr. Justin Bieber, we would love to have you study here, just be warned, you're going to have an audience.  I have a theory though, once you step on to campus, everything will change.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.



I've got a video for you, it's a good time, a little drumming, took me straight back to winter drumline.  Sometimes I miss it. 













That's the post.  Got a little Bieber, got a little drumming, can't go wrong.  Fun stuff 101.



Have a great week, drink a strawberry-banana smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment