Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decembing



It's December.  Can't believe it.  I went on and on and on about time flying in recent posts, you know this, if you're that interested scroll down and/or do some research, it won't be too hard to find; fact is, time is flying, it's going to continue to fly, it's going to continue to surprise me, it's going to continue to blow my mind, it's going to continue being a prevalent topic in this blog; fact is, I don't want to talk about it any more, the topic has become overused, I have worn it out in a way; however, someone is as interested as I am: the phrase "time flies too fast it's almost 2011" was searched a number of times in the search engine we know as Google, leading to the clickage of the #1 hit, this blog.  Time is indeed flying.

Not too much to discuss today.  It's too bad.  I have a plethora of video for you though, so that's good.  There will be a considerable amount of explanation and discussion surrounding the content of the videos, so hopefully that will suffice.


First, the day after Thanksgiving, the holiday known as "Black Friday."  I personally have never participated in the highly anticipated shopping extravaganza, but I've heard stories, I've seen videos.  Speaking of videos, here's one for you now:



This video is entertaining and incredibly exciting, but there's an undertone that I picked up, it represents the disgusting nature of consumerism in America.  These people will go to the absolute extreme to pick up an xbox for cheap, perhaps trampling other shoppers, perhaps busting through gates and doors, perhaps running from point A to point B without yielding to the in-store displays, but hey, as long as you save $50, it's all worth it.  I just got a phatty knot in my gut watching this; yeah, it's exciting and I bet you if I was there, I would be just as much into it, but I'm a consumer, consumerism is nasty.  We gotta have it, we gotta have it now, and if we can get discounted? GIVE IT TO ME.  I have yet to hear to actual deaths occurring from a trampling on Black Friday 2010, but I know years past have experienced their fill of fatalities.  Oh well, it's all worth it, it's all worth waiting hours and hours in line to get something the majority of the shoppers do not, in the slightest bit, need.

I'll join in the fun someday.  Like I said, it's thrilling, it's just a very interesting representation of American consumerism.


Next next, speaking about consumerism, this guy knows his market, he knows how to make a buck; he's dedicated, he's been in the same business for 60+ years, he's a millionaire; he is Joseph Ades and he sells potato peelers on a street corner.



This video is inspiring.  With dedication and passion, anything can become something.  Joe Ades is pro and I was very sad to hear he passed away in 2009.  It's too bad, because I would like to have been convinced to buy a potato peeler; I don't think it can be done, but millions of mulah doesn't lie.



Next next next, this is a video I discovered by NPR.  Great little clip of extremely interesting, ridiculous, conceptual, baffling examples of the discouragement of trying to walk straight with a blindfold on, the idea and approval that it is indeed impossible.  NPR takes a closer look:






Next next next next, this video was posted on Facebook with a challenge: "Hume needs to step up their game."  We're talking about the famed Bike Jump, the premier weekly event at Ponderosa high school camp at Hume Lake.  I didn't know what I was getting myself into before I watched this video, let's just say NUTTY is an understatement.






Next next next next next, this final video is simply intriguing for whatever reason.  I honestly don't know why, I was simply intrigued, for whatever reason.  












That's it peeps!  Sorry to all y'all who enjoy the reading aspects of this blog, I just didn't bring the heat today; for this, I apologize.  However, the video content upped it's game with 5 videos, a number more than normal; additionally, the content contained within these videos reigned more interesting and thought provoking that a many of the videos posted on this blog, so hopefully you find solace.


Have a nice day today, go outside and look at a blade of grass, just one blade.  Think about it's journey from underneath the ground to breaking the barrier of the soil to protrude into the open air.

No comments:

Post a Comment