Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Twenty-Tow Truck




Here's the deal, last week's post was the best ever, it had the most interesting content that has been posted on this here blog in it's existence, no other post comes close.  This isn't only my opinion.  The response from you, the reader, was alone enough to blow all the others out of the water.  I really don't blame you, anything that says "YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT: gnarly car accident, craziest day of my life, R+M wedding, it can't get much better than this! CHECK IT OUT!," I'd be a sucker and click on it too.  I'm still aghast that all went down.  If you're reading this and you haven't read last week's post, you've missed history.  Luckily for you, the internet is scriviling with history, so all you have to do is click this link: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2010/12/story.html or simply scroll down until you hit the post labeled "THE STORY."  That's all there is to it.  Enjoy.

So here it is, this week is piddly compared to last.  Although fun and surprising, the sheer monstrosity of last week overpowers this.  I digress (Shout out to Schmidt).

We finished out the semester this week.  Un-be-lievable.  We just started, we just finished.  I'm I'm full fledged into a couple weeks of break, head back to the Bible Institute Of Los Angeles and complete an absolutely ridiculous three weeks of learning the Spanish language.  8 AM - 12 PM: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.  It shall be a memorable three weeks.  After this, the spring semester begins.  Here's my schedule:


It's going to be busy busy busy.  I guess that's the point to college right?  Stuff that brain with all the good stuff, preparing you for the world beyond.  Let's do this.


I am at home right now.  I was at home on Friday.  On Friday morning, my mother prepared a special "Brunch," a very secretive brunch.  My sister and I knew it was a big deal because bacon was being made.  My mother invited two guests over the very secretive brunch, two VIPs from the Joshua Wilderness Institute, Ms. Cheyenne Wedel and Ms. Julie Nicolas.  I was very surprised (although I figured out the surprise prior, but hey, you never REALLY know) and enjoyed the very secretive brunch very much.  The events that followed were Christmas shopping and a grand tour of the city we all know and love: Simi Valley.  It was great way to spend the first day back at home.

The next day, we set out to Oma's ("Grandma" in German) house in Walnut Creek, California.  6 hours in the Monster (our vehicle) and Ms. Cheyenne Wedel as a guest, the trip went relatively smoothly, save for the 4-lane-blocking accident on the 5.

Oma's house was fun, a good relaxation.  I destroyed my brother in chess and we never played the rematch he demanded.  Not much went on and it was great.  The epitome of "break."

Now I am at home.  It'll be a few days.  Christmas is soon.  Very soon.  Disturbingly soon.  When did December start?



I don't have much more.  Here's a video:







Yikes, I forgot how heavy that video was.  I had saved the link from a few weeks ago because I didn't have the opportunity to embed it, and now that I have; it's quite the video.  Really makes you think.









Wow, interesting ending note, huh? 



A young businessman had just started his own firm. He'd rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques. Sitting there, he saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear busy, the young businessman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working. He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, "Can I help you?"

The man said, "Sure. I've come to install the phone!"




Imagine that.  Know what you're dealing with, don't tell lies, be yourself.

Be prepared.







Have a brilliantly beautiful day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment