Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Suited



Another week, another Wednesday.  I know I say this a lot, but seconds turn into minutes, minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, days turn into years, years turn into decades.  Just a second ago, I was jamming multiplication tables in Mrs. Trento's class in 4th grade.  More recently, this semester is coming to a close.  I mean, yeah, we just passed the half way point, but we also "just" started, so, naturally, we are going to be finishing in "just" a few "minutes."  The amazing thing is how time is utilized.  For instance, over the two weeks, arguably the busiest two weeks of my college career thus far, I accomplished a multitude of tasks.  However, I look back at it now, it looks like chump change, I look back on it now, the importance and stress factor is on the decline.  Interesting how that works.  I look forward to the future.

That said, the San Fransisco Giants are in the World Series.  They are going to win the World Series for the first time since they've been in San Fransisco.  This is the year.  What's great is this is the year the Giants don't have any big whigs on the team, the majority of the players are virtually no-namers who put up a great fight; this in itself is great.  FEAR THE BEARD, Cody Ross NLCS MVP, who?  Giants vs. Rangers?  Whodathunk?  It's going to be a sweet series, game 1 tonight, I am, in a word, PUMPED.


In other news, on Monday I was thoroughly surprised by the instincts that I accidentally extributed.  You see, I'm in a lacrosse class.  Lacrosse is a game much like hockey, except the ball is in the air and you throw it around with nets.  In eighth grade, I had to stop playing hockey after playing five years.  I have not played any pickup hockey or anything of the like since eighth grade.  However, in lacrosse class on Monday, my hockey instincts made their way back into my life.  It's hard to explain but I was playing lacrosse like it was hockey, I was treating the ball like it was a puck, and, to say the least, I did not do very well at lacrosse on Monday.  I kept catching myself thinking like a hockey player, I can't do that anymore, I need to think like a lacrosse player.  Anyway, something of interest.  Suprised me immensely, I couldn't believe those instincts came back like I was playing hockey yesterday.


In other news, a short film I have been working has now been finished.  This was an interesting project, basically Mr. Isaac Svensson handed me the footage for his own film, let do whatever I want with it with the intent of possibly not using it.  I edited this short, showed it to him, was completely different from what he imagined (I can imagine) and he still has the intent of possibly not using it.  Either way, if he likes it or not, I personally enjoy it.  Now it is here for you to enjoy.  Enjoy.





DONUTS (2010) USA/3:36 min

Summary: A man buys donuts.  He wants to eat his donuts.  There is another man who wants to eat donuts. 

Filmmakers:

Isaac Svensson - Director
Daniel John - Producer
Zack Campell - Director of Photography
Morgan Lott - Editor

Cast:

Jonathan Burrello
Jonathan Stevens





In other news, I gots some other vids fo ya.

I personally really got a kick out of this first video.  It's the pocketless pool tournament.  The contender has been at it quite a while.  It's a brilliant satire.  Quite enjoyable.



Second is just a clever revision on one of the most recognized classical pieces ever written: Beethoven's Fifth.  Grab your tortilla chips, because you're going to be smashed with salsa:




Check out 2:33 in that last video.  What in the WORLD is that musical instrument?  I've never seen anything like it.





And...there...you...go.  Another Wednesday, it is October 27th, four days before November.  Pretty soon it will be 2011, before long, college is over, and then I'll be retiring from the workforce.  Time is go go goin'.


Peace be with you.  Talk to someone else about your first conversation with each other.  Do you remember it?  Where were you?  What'd you talk about? 

No comments:

Post a Comment