Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pointer


Hello there.  Good Wednesday to you.  Today is it, cold and drizzly, a type of rain that makes it self known, but ceases to wetten your skin, a strange phenomenon.  This will likely change as rain that is not "wet" does not have the potential to last.  Other than that, the day is well, I'm enjoying today's clothing choice, I like the color finesse and the wool coat providing warmth.  I think it works.  There is no specific meaning behind today's choosing.

For the next three days, my school, Biola University, is putting on the 75th Annual Torrey Conference; this year's theme: "Blessed are the Peacemakers: Redeeming Relationships in the Conflicts of our Lives."  Conflict is a big deal, we all deal with it, I don't know what the deal is; the conference is dealing with dealing with the deal.  I am decently excited the sessions, I think conflict dealt with in the wrong way is a monumental issue in this day in age, we need to learn how to properly manage conflict.  I like the stance of the Torrey conference, we cannot avoid conflict, it is not humanly possible, but it is possible to redeem the negative effects of conflict and positively take care of conflict from this point on.  I'm excited to see what comes of this.


In other news, this last weekend was straight nutty.  I've been saying that of the 72 hours of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I was directly dealing with making films for 60 of them.  I don't know if this is accurate, I haven't done the math.  Here's the point, I spent every waking moment either thinking about film or making film.  I had three projects I was working on: I am wrapping editing a project by Mr. Isaac Svennson called "Donuts," I filmed my own cinematography project that involved cruising all over LA (Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Huntington Beach, Fullerton, the list continues), and then the filming of Mr. Aaron Kessinger's short film called "Heaven's Never Far Away" which went into the early hours of the morning every day of the three days.  I'm not trying to brag, just trying to put it into perspective.  I think it's safe to say I was all film'd out after this weekend, hopefully my inspiration and desire to produce effective images in motion returns.  I don't think it will stay away long.

I wish I had something fancy to talk about.  I want to write about some subject that really plays with the mind, a subject that will get not only my mind going, but force you to contemplate and consider the subject within the concord of your own life.  But, alas, the subject I wish to speak on is not present within my own mind.  If the subject is not present within my own mind, how can you contemplate and consider the subject within the concord of your own life? So, alas, this paragraph is going to end at an abrupt.



I have some video for your enjoyment.  These have been gathered throughout this week, provided enjoyment to me and the few people I might have shown them to, and now to you, humble internet surfer.  Enjoy enjoy.


This first video is great.  How to prepare a full 3 course meal in under two minutes.  I want to learn how to cook like this, his technique is straight up krill.  He's a beast of a cook.

Note: I thoroughly enjoyed this.




Next up, this gentleman rides a bicycle like it is an extension of his left arm.  I am thoroughly impressed.  I've also never seen someone take out a street sign so gracefully.





Lastly, this guy JAM JAM JAMs on the jazz organ.  I don't really have words for this one.  Check out the consistency of his left hand, jamming the bass.  Thoroughly incredible.  I really don't have words.  Watch.









So there you have it, a rounded blog post.  I hope you enjoyed it. 

I'm posting this during the hour of 7:00 PM.  This is much later than it normally is.  I don't know what will happen, we'll have to wait and see.  Consider it an experiment.



Find someone wearing sandals and compare your foot size with them.  This might strike up a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment