Wednesday, October 13, 2010

aR eee



Oh golly gee, this week has been intensified my captain, oh the emotion.  Many a thing happened, but come to think of it, I don't really desire to explain every solitary thing that happened, mostly because I don't remember the detail of specificity.  All I know is it was nutty and these next few weeks are going to be even more Planters Peanuts.  You'll get updated as things finish; for instance, I have 3 films I'm working on, once these wrap, either the video will be posted or I will briefly explain the experience.  Either way, there is no description now simply because it hasn't happened yet.    I'll let you know, I promise.

I do have something exciting to talk about today though.  On Sunday, October 9th an "art project" I had been working on was completed, fulfilled by none other than my mother.  Let me explain: Beginning on Friday, September 17th, I decided I would wear the same pair of shorts everyday until someone mentioned anything about them specifically.  I wore the same pair of shorts everyday all day.  One week passed, two weeks passed, not a word.  I wore them camping, I wore them in the rain, I continued.  The scene is Parent's weekend, my entire family is down at Biola University, my school, visiting.  Previously, I had thought, boy, my mom is probably going to notice my shorts.  Sure enough, within 5 minutes of seeing everybody "Morgan, your shorts look a little dirty, are they clean?"  She had brought the marathon to an end.  I proceeded to explain the project and what I had done, I had worn the same pair of shorts 22 days in a row.  As a little piece of proof, check out the last 3 Wednesday pictures:



'You may have noticed too.  Oh, let me explain the "project."  In my 4D design class, we went through a performance section.  This involves "performing" for some specific reason.  For instance, about a week before the shorts idea, I brushed my teeth for 20 minutes.  The "project" was extended action, do something for a ridiculous amount of time.  My gums hurt for 5 days.  Anyway, I liked the extended action idea, so I took with it and ran, wearing the same shorts every single day until someone mentioned anything about them.  22 days.



So that's that.  I have a video for you.  It's one of much peculiarity.  I really don't understand it.  The subject matter is pretty vague and the aspect ratio is flat out whacky.  Nevertheless, it is entertaining, the sound effects are brilliant, and the visuals are mesmerizing.








That's the plan, Stan.  I don't have much more to talk about.

Actually, I need to kind of explain the way I chose to dress myself today.  You may recall from this post: Honest and this post: Sum(mer) it up, that I have strutted the Yacht Club before.  This attire was acquired for our media team staff photo at Hume Lake as we represented the real Hume Lake Yacht Club.  Wearing this jazz brings back some great memories, man alive, I wouldn't mind filming a round of kajabe right now.  Read those posts I linked to, you get the gist of my nostalgia.  



So that's it, don't have much more to talk about for y'alls reading.  You know what's kind of cool?  You, the reader, can be anywhere in the entire world.  You could be sitting in the room next to me, be in the mountains, be sitting on a bench, be in an airplane, be in view of Mt. Everest, be sitting under the beautiful sun somewhere near the equator.  I don't know where you are, I hope you are in a good spot.

Say something nice to someone today.  Compliment their shoes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment