Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Speedest




It's November 3rd.  Read that again, look at your calender.  October didn't even happen.  November? Time... time goes.... blink once and you're retired.  I'm just waiting, I know it will happen any minute now.  Seriously? November?  Already we're supposed to deciding which classes to take next semester.  This semester just started yesterday.  It's almost 2011, I just got used to writing 2010.  October didn't even happen.  November? Time... time goes....  speed, speed, speedest.


In other news, school is starting to slow down a little bit.  This is wonderful.  The last three or so weeks have been arguable the busiest three-weeks-or-so of my entire schooling career.  So much stuff going on, most of which required bundles of time.  It wasn't the sheer amount of stuff to do, it was the amount of time required for each task that completely stole every minute of every day away.  It's slowing down, it's nice, but, that said, there is, obviously, still, for school, lots of stuff to do.  I'm finishing up my cinematography project within the next week, you'll see it here, only here, next week.  I like it...I think.  It's been on my mind way to long to really know how I feel about it, I'm pretty indifferent.

In other news, the San Fransisco Giants are the 2010 World Series champions.  I have waiting my entire life for this.  My dad has waiting his entire life for this.  It's been a long time coming.  They have never won a championship in San Fransisco, last time they did it, they were the New York Giants, winning in 1956.  This is a big deal.  San Fran is haywire.  I'm haywire.  I've never had one of "my" teams win anything.  Now the Giants have done it.  I can't say "I've never had one of 'my' teams win anything" anymore.  It's a good feeling.

October didn't even happen.  November? Time... time goes....




I had a lapse in thinking, I want to talk about something meaningful sometime soon.  I want to tell you about something that I find interesting, something that blows my mind.  I can't think of anything, + I don't have very much time.  Hopefully I'll have something for you to ponder next week.  Here, ponder this: what makes a thought "ponderable."  You can think about something, this can be fast, this can be slow; but you, yes you, know those moments where you really need to take time and think, ponder if you will, about something.  Like dedicating time to dedicated thinking.  Our brains are incredible.



I've got video for you.  Lots of video.  Lots of good video.  Lots of interesting video.


First, you've probably seen this around, you'll probably recognize the teacher, he's done this type of trick twice before.



Here's the thing.  This guy, Professor Matthew Weathers is my Nature of Mathematics teacher.  I was in this class when this video was filmed.  He pulled this stunt before my glossy eyes.  Professor Weathers is a youtube phenom, he has captured the hearts of people all over the world with his clever, witty "tricks" for Halloween and April Fools.  Many comments to the video declare a wish to either have "this guy" as a teacher or that more teachers were like "this guy."  I am proud and honored to learn Egyptian addition from Professor Matthew Weathers.  Thank you for the show.



This one, I just get a kick out of.  This dude owns the jumbotron.  He owns the crowd.





Lastly, "intrigue" is the word given to this video.  I'm not sure what it is, the subject matter is intriguing, the style of video is intriguing, everything about it caught my attention; I really like this video.  Funny thing is, I really don't know why.  It's about an alcohol fire: flames that are invisible, and the hardship this particular type of fire can bring.  Intriguing.













That's it.  This blog posts just go by so fast.  Everything is fast these days, cars.  We strive for speed.  Oh, humans.  Our focus.  The speed we dwell on.  Remember dial up internet?  Tying up that phone line?  How about the Model T Ford?  How about the story of the tortoise and the hare?  



October didn't even happen.  November? Time... time goes....

1 comment:

  1. morgan.
    your brain inspires me.
    end of story.

    ReplyDelete