Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blue's Clues


The year is winding down, wind wind winding down.  Registration for Fall 2010 was last week and after much pain and hassle, here is the schedule (subject to change, although unlikely):



4-D Design




TR 12:30 pm - 3:20 pm
Kleyn


NT History & Literature




MW 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Williams


Cinematography




T 3:30 pm - 5:20 pm
Schmidt Jr


Editing for Film & Television




R 3:30 pm - 5:20 pm
Schmidt Jr


The Nature of Mathmatics




MW 1:30 pm - 2:45 pm
Weathers


Beginning Lacrosse




M 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Agadoni


Survey of American Government




MW 10:30 am - 11:45 am
Peters


It will be an interesting semester.  I'm wary about Government, if only I passed the AP test....

I guess that's what I get, yeah?  I just have a hard time with history, I'm not sure why, I just don't feel it like most people do.  I guess that's why I do art, yeah?  I just have an easier time with art, I'm not sure why, I just feel it like most people don't.

So that's the semester.  I'm excited.  I can't believe it's already here.  I just started Fall 2009, let alone Fall 2010!  Keeps life interesting I guess...and fast.





In other news, Biola's own, Stewart Hall, held their annual Kilt Fest this last week.  A kilt run took place Thursday night and the Kilt Fest took place Friday.  The festivities were marvelous, the games were grandeur and fit for only the willing.  Raw chicken, raw fish, raw pig head, straight up raw.  It was simply excellent.  Enjoy the picture below:

Cleverly suprised me.



In other news, UNDERØATH has released who their new drummer, as of now, is.  You may recall that Aaron Gillespie, the drummer and clean singer of one of the most talented bands I have ever head, departed ways with UØ.  Read the post describing the event in detail here: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2010/04/grapevine.html Anyway, the new drummer is Daniel Davison, the old drummer of Norma Jean.  I am extremely excited to hear the music these guys come up with.  Funny: Underoath and Norma Jean were the first "hard" music I ever listened to and now, they figuratively join together.  If Underoath is still the Underoath I have grown to love, they are going to continue to blow minds.  P-U-M-P-E-D.



In other news, it's time for some video, video.

First, an incredible move by a freeway trucker.  This guy knows whats up, he takes matters into his own hands, and helps out fellow humanity.  Props to this guy, I hope if I got in this kind of situation, I'd do the same.



This next video is simply off the wall.  "Tea with Tyson" is brilliant, odd, deliberate, and many other adjectives.  I can't really explain it, you'll have to see for yourself.  It's weird, wild, and makes you relatively thirsty, and possibly craving a delightful cannoli.



Last night I had the pleasure of watching the movie Iron Man 2.  It was much better than I expected, I had thought it would be as bad or worse than Transformers 2, the worst movie, according to me, ever made, to I came out of the theater pleased and entertained.  All that is besides the point though.  Before Iron Man 2 came on, the trailers rolled, like they like to do, and a movie entitled Super 8 was advertised.  Immediately reminiscent of Cloverfield, JJ Abrams is ready to keep his world in suspense once again as he reveals absolutely nothing in this trailer.  I'm pumped, it's going to be good.  I have no idea if it's going to be good, I'm just assuming.  Check out the trailer:









In other news, something that I had been participating in, that is FORMSPRING.ME, has evolved into quite the little website. I have not answered a question for quite some time for two reasons: lack of questions and a certain level of unreasonableness.  This is what I wrote on February 24, 2010 (http://emliv.blogspot.com/2010/02/sports-coat.html):

Formspring is oddly compelling.  I'm not sure what it is.  Maybe it is the fact that the quality of the questions asked say a lot about 1. the person asking 2. what the person asking thinks about said person and 3. how the said person portrays him/herself.  I read a little blurb online that claimed that formspring.me will be the cause of many teenage suicides.  I think this is pessimistic, and although possible, unlikely.  If used correctly, formspring could be a beneficial and motivational tool to encourage, congratulate, and recognize others.  However, formspring could also be a discouraging and depressing tool that humiliates, embarrasses, and angers others.  We'll see how it goes.  This is the internet in 2010, the no mercy rule has been in place for a while now.  People are different online, saying stuff, doing stuff that they ("they" includes me) may not even think to say or do in person.  The internet, it's busy.

The latter reigns true.  Formspring outrages the negative side of people, questions are extremely crass, rude, derogatory and destructive towards anybody and everybody.  Formspring was HUGE for a while and I think it's in the process of dying; people just aren't into this "I am my own person, and even though I get SLAMMED and HUMILATED in front of the ENTIRE WORLD, I don't care because I am happy about who I have become." notion anymore.  It's only "fun" for so long.

It really is nutty.  There have even been a few suicides that formspring has influenced, one notably where someone wrote extremely vulgar and disastrous words, finishing off their spiel with "go ahead and kill yourself because when you die you'll leave the world a better place." to which the girl answered "I don't know who you are, but i will take your advice. I will kill myself because i am worthless like you said. but I hope you will carry this burden on your sholders for the rest of your life, knowing that you, YOU, killed somebody."


So incredibly sad.  I honestly don't know what to think about it.  Is this really what humans, as a whole, are about nowadays?








Sorry to end like this.  It really caught my attention and I figured I'd expand.  It just riles me up, man.


I hope you have a delightful day today.  Compliment someone.








Actually, I have something else.  This is totally something that chain emailers would email but here it is:


Dear friend,
To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train.
To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident.
To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present!



It's true.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment