Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seagulls


So Today is the last day of school.  The last day of my freshman year of college.  What?  What happened?  Didn't we just start?  The answer is yes, we did just start.  It has flown, like a seagull who spots an open bag of Fritos.  I seriously am blown away, like a balloon that has a puncture.  It's been a great year.  I've met multitudes of new people, made some real solid friends, learned a whole bunch, some I will retain, some I will forget immediately.  Next year is going to be great, no doubt.

That was a rushed thought.  I apologize.  I hope I went into enough detail to make it worth it.

In other news, I don't have a clue what is going to happen to this blog over the summer.  It might continue with the same content, it might continue with completely different content, it might have random posts scattered throughout the summer, it might stop until summer's over, or it might completely stop forever.  I honestly don't have a clue what is going to happen to this blog over the summer, honest.  We'll just have to see what happens I guess.


In other news, I have completely most of my classes and most of my classes had finals, but that is beside the point.  For my photography class, our last project was supposed to be (man, I forget the term; sorry Childs), I don't remember, but 8 or more images that were similar or had a theme or something like that.  What I decided to do was ride the city bus to downtown Los Angeles, sit in the very back, and take pictures of the people getting on the bus.  Four hours later, I had a decent amount of shots, to which I narrowed it down to 8.  The study went well, I was pleased.  Here is my artist statement:

Public transportation has been around for years, giving a cheap, relatively safe, automobile alternative, to the community.  Nevertheless, public transportation, namely the city bus, is an often forgotten mode of transportation.  “Naomi In Stops” is a study of p the people who board the bus, the people who have places to go, the people who choose, for whatever reason, to not use the vehicle most of the population chooses to use.  These people have stories, these people have reasons.  On May 15,2010, I boarded a city bus in La Mirada and continued through downtown Los Angeles.  Throughout the trip, a vast amount of personalities entered and exited the swinging doors; “Naomi In Stops” serves as documentation. 

Here are three of the 8.  If you'd like to view the rest and/or see them in HIGH RES, check out my Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/morganlott/) and if they aren't on the front page, check out the "Photography" album, they'll be in there. You can't miss them.  Enjoy, enjoy.





Ah, some video.  Here we go, here we go.  Pretty good lineup today.

First, I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Zack Campbell again to create art through moving pictures.  This piece is called "Slow Show" and I personally really like the way it turned out.  Enjoy, enjoy.


Slow Show from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.


Second, a good friend of mine, Mr. Tyson Stakes, in sadly not returning to Biola University next year.  So, naturally, we created a "going away" video for his "going away" party last Friday.  I hope you enjoy this as much as the Bully Squadron did.  It's kick.  One more thing, this is one of the those "you kinda had to be there" moments.  Just know it was a hit, and we are going to miss Mr. Tyson Stakes.  Enjoy, enjoy.


Tyson's Farewell from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.




Third, this is a very interesting piece the Los Angeles Times released about a young schizophrenic.  I was intrigued.  The mind is so incredible and this story is no exception.  This kind of stuff fascinates me.



Fourth:

Likewise, this man is "addicted" to marbles.  This may sound comical, but from the details conveyed through this video, the "condition" is rather serious.  This is very interesting as well.  I wonder how this happened, why it's lasted this long, and if he'll ever lose interest in his marbles. 








And that is it.  That is the last blog post of the 2009-2010 school year.  Incredible.  I feel like I was just writing my first: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2009/08/leaf.html.  Super interesting.  It's been real, friends.

Have a great day today, whether you are in school, at work, at home, at the beach, in a plane, or in a supermarket.  Do what you do best.  FEELIN' IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment