Wednesday, May 5, 2010

de Mayo



It is Cinco de Mayo today.  In other words, it is May the 5th.  This holiday has made a lasting impact upon me as I have forgotten to dress up on this day for the past 2 (or more) years.  Luckily, this year's Cinco de Mayo landed conveniently on a Wednesday (or else I would have forgotten once again).  However, I didn't dress up how you might expect someone to dress up if they were saying they were dressing up for Cinco De Mayo.  My clothing is simpler.  I am wearing 5 different shades of brown.  It's as simple as that.  Not much meaning; maybe the earthen tones communicate something.  What's funny is that the holiday of Cinco de Mayo is hardly recognized in Mexico, but it's widely recognized throughout the US as a celebration of Mexican heritage.  I wear brown to symbolize camouflage which represents the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.

You may also notice that there are two other people in the photo with me.  We have Mr. Scott Gamelson on your left (my right) and Mr. Michael Warnecke on your right (my left).  They are enjoying Cinco de Mayo as well.  Clearly.

That said, this year is winding down rather quickly.  It really isn't that funny.  It's going to be over before I can finish this sentence...figuratively of course.  What is funny is that many colleges are already out of school, but we have a good few weeks left.  Hilarious.  It will be an interesting ride.

Speaking of interesting rides, I'm realizing this summer will be just that.  For those of you that don't know, I'm working up at Hume Lake Christian Camps for the summer, the entire summer.  It's going to be incredible and I'm pumped out of my mind, but I'm going to be home (in Simi Valley) for at most one week all summer and then I'm right back where I am right now: Biola University.  Interesting ride is right.  Keeps ya guessin' not countin' on much, don't get too comfortable and/or you'll be (un) pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of interesting rides, I sign up for next semester classes tomorrow and it has been no easy task figuring out what I'm going to be taking; in fact, I have a meeting today that has the capability of completely rearranging the pitiful schedule I have already configured.  It's bound to be interesting, I'm sure there will be issues, I guess we'll see what happens, that's what interesting rides are all about you.

In other news, I've got some videa for ya.  And they're not just straight up videas either, they are heartfelt, hit ya in the core, type videas.

First up, this old man should have been dead long ago, but no, he defies medical "truth" and teaches music to the masses.  Incredible story. 



This next video is potentially the saddest video I have ever watched on youtube.  If you don't want to get weepy, don't watch it, but I highly recommend it.  Just shows animals care for each other and knows what up when the going goes tough.  Here's part of the youtube description:


INFO: This stray cat was filmed in Turkey( Kızılsaray district of Antalya ) trying to reanimate his female friend who got hit by a car. Even though some people tried to help him, the white cat wouldn't let them come near for two straight hours. Finally a vet arrived and took the injured cat. Sadly, it was too late and he couldnt resuscitate the feline.




The words are lost.







Sorry to end on a rather somber note.  Here's my advice: you are living, live like you mean it, live like you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment