Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Argyle and Plaid



This week has been interesting.  Saturday, Biola University experienced a campus wide power outage that lasted from 9:30 am to 6:30ish pm.  No power, no light, no outlets, darkness, boredom, memory.  The blackout created a very interesting atmosphere, people were not sure what to do with themselves.  The dependence on the internet is tremendous around campus and this blackout forced students and faculty alike to get creative.  Many people went to Starbucks, Panera Bread, or other places that offer internet so they can get their World Wide Web fix whether that means facebookin' it up or doing research for class.  Either way, the outage will be remembered and I'll be sure to recall it during my (our) 20 year reunion: "Oh man, remember freshman year when the power went out all over campus when all of the alunmi were here?  haha yeah! I remember it like it was yesterday! That blackout was GNARLY."



Like I said last week, I will post some notable Formspring questions I have received throughout the week.  If you'd like to read them all and/or ask a question: http://formspring.me/morganlott

What is the story of your life in one sentence?

Raised by loving, Godly parents and educated through elementary, middle, and high schools, Morgan Lott now studies at Biola University, growing in his passions of film, art, music, and his love for Christ; although his life has not been perfect, he appreciates every single aspect of it, good and bad, and knows that every situation has, is, and will be a learning experience and will contribute to his character and who he will eventually become.


have you ever eaten a small piece of hardened sauce that had encrusted on the edge of a sofa? i have. it tasted swell...

I don't believe I have, solely because I haven't had the materials to make it worth it. However, if I had a slice of sourdough bread and on the sofa, there was a small piece of hardened marinara sauce, I would definitely consider "cleaning up."


Who is your favorite band?

Interesting question. Currently, I have to say mewithoutYou takes the cake. Here's the problem, you may say "Yeah, they have the best lyrics! They're so deep!" I can't agree with you because I do not hear the lyrics. I'll have to explain it to you on your own time, preferably in person. That said, mewithoutYou's style is impeccable and incredibly unique, jamming away with Aaron Weiss at the reins. The jam at the end of "The Sun and The Moon" renders me speechless.

Nevertheless, Underoath is my all time favorite band. These guys create a sound unlike any other, incomparable. Every record Underoath puts out outdoes their last one. "Lost in the Sound of Separation" continues to absolutely blow me away; the sound is so PHAT, it can't be described in textual words. Thing is, Underoath's next record, even though I can't fathom it, will out do their last, I'm confident of it. UØ=beast.


If you had to be an animal, what would it be? And why?

This is tricky because I don't know if you mean what animal I WANT to be or what animal I would ACTUALLY be. If I WANTED to be an animal, I'd probably pick a golden eagle or some other large majestic bird. Flying, canyons, and a massive wingspan seem to be honorable traits. However, if I had to pick an animal I would ACTUALLY be, I'd probably be a raccoon because raccoon's are creative, roll in packs, and enjoy the nighttime.

That's all I got, this question is harder than it reads. Good question.




If you'd like to ask a question, type it in in the box below: you can figure it out.  







In other news, I have some music related video for you. First up is a solid stripped down version of "One Day" performed by Mr. Matisyahu and crew. This video is RAW and beauty for the ears.



Remember Ok Go? It's fine if not. They put out a music video while running on treadmills, chances are you've seen it. Anywho, they've done it again, this time with a ridiculous Rube Goldberg machine. Absolutely incredible. I can't imagine how many takes this bad boy must've required.



Hope you enjoy. Have nice day. Today for you. You to have nice day. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment