Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nice



Today is nice.  Nice weather, nice flow, nice amount of content.  You're in for a treat today folks, there is some of everything: serious, comical, artistic, parody, satire, questioning, and numerous other adjectives.  I hope you enjoy the diversity.


Let's start off with a bam:


Mr. James Knoop posted this to his facebook profile the other day and it left me speechless:

One suicide victim who committed suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge left behind a note saying: “I’m going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I will not jump.”


I have no problem believing this is true.  Recently I have been intrigued by people and how we react to each other, especially the interaction between two strangers who are passing each other.  If feel like we find it extremely awkward to acknowledge a "strange" passerby so we resort to looking at the ground, or fumbling for our cell phones as a distraction.  I feel like it's possible to feel completely and utterly invisible walking past people, an issue with the substantial existence.  All it takes is a smile, a "what's up," a head nod.  We are people walking past each other, why make it awkward?  I feel like I'm not communicating what I think properly....   The point is, this two sentence paragraph got me fired up.  Something needs to change because it really is ridiculous.  Think about what you do when you pass by a stranger, one on one, nobody else around.  It's so interesting.




Time for a change in pace.
 

In other news, I am in a dark room photography class this semester which means I have to shoot on actual film, develop the film, then print the finals in the darkroom. It's a new experience, haven't decided if I really enjoy it yet, but it is definitely informative. It is definitely a new experience to shoot a photo and not even see what it looks like for a day or so (and that's if the whole roll is shot). It's a weird, long, painstaking process, but I must admit, it makes you really care about every print you create: when you spend hours perfecting the print and "using" countless sheets of expensive paper, I sure hope you care about the picture. Anyway, I've completed the first assignment and I thought I'd share the results. Overall, I'm pleased, it's not perfect but quite alright for the first darkroom experience. Enjoy.




In other news, here's a selection of formspring questions from the past week. Here's the link if you have a question on your mind: http://formspring.me/morganlott

Where do you see yourself in the filmmaking business? How do you hope to gain and measure your successes and failures??

Honestly, I am not quite sure. I had an idea prior to attending Biola University, but since then, my ideas have changed drastically. As of right now, I have yet to find my niche, my preferred style of filmmaking I want to pursue. Nevertheless, I am constantly on the hunt to find my fit.

As far as successes and failures, I see all opportunity as a learning experience. I hope that through both success and failure, I learn from the experience, noting where I went wrong, what went well, and how to continue on. I have found that without failure, progress cannot be made. Trial and error is the name of the game, it's painful and frustrating but necessary to learn the craft.


morgan, what would a perfect day consist of? starting from when you wake up to when you fall asleep... This is Michael W...AKA Mike or Hawaii

A perfect day would consist of waking up rested, then enjoying the sun outside (temperature- 81±4° with a slight breeze). Throughout the day, I would enjoy three balanced meals and spend time with both family and friends. Incorporated into the mix would be playing music with friends, having good conversation about various topics, and relaxing, enjoying life. To close the day, I would chill by a fire with company. I would then proceed to slip into a comfortable sleep, concluding my perfect day.

What is the coolest thing you have ever seen in a thrift store?

The coolest thing I ever seen in a thrift store...that's a tough question because I only normally look at stuff I'm interested in buying which is normally only clothes because I'm not in need of worn furniture, a large television, or a dull cutlery set.

(I'm going to change the question a little bit)

The coolest thing I have ever purchased at a thrift store, however, would have to be: freshman or sophomore year in high school, Mr. Kelii Miyata and I purchased quality jumpsuits at the thrift store to accompany our "Jack Masks" that we wore for Halloween. It was random purchase, too small, but made for an excellent evening, and the fur-collar added a nice bourgeoisie touch.



Formspring continues to surprise me, the psychology of the website is intriguing. I'm not sure I really want to go into it here, but I might at a later time. If you have a question, check out the box below, it's got all you need:



In other news, it's time to enjoy some video(s). The first one is a recut version of Pixar's Up's trailer to the audio of Warner Bros.' Gran Torino's trailer. This absolutely blew my mind. Seriously, I had go pick my mind up from outside because it flew clear out the door. This is so perfect, the words match, the actions match, they are the same movie. This is the best effort I've seen in quite a long while:



This next video...I'm not sure how to explain it...Something about it caught my attention...see for yourself...




In other news, I was reading the Onion and I saw this:

Universe Comes To Halt As Kid Flips Through First Shark Book

SPRINGDALE, AR—The dynamic processes by which matter and energy function in the physical world ground to a halt Thursday night as 7-year-old Troy Benton paged through his first fully illustrated book about sharks. "Whoa!" said Benton, who was staring wide-eyed at a photo of a great white shark when time came to a complete standstill, the planets stopped dead in their orbits, and a strange, unknowable force disrupted all of existence and caused a rift in the very fabric of reality. "Up to 20 rows of teeth?" Sources confirmed that earlier this month the universe and all the laws governing it collapsed entirely on occasions coinciding with Benton's discovery of cobras, dinosaurs, and fighter jets.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/universe_comes_to_halt_as?utm_source=onion_rss_daily



Simply spectacular. I like onions.



And that's a wrap. I hope you enjoyed this Wednesday's edition of "It's Wednesday." There was some pretty rich content for to enjoy so I hope you did just that. I hope you have a nice day today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment