Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Patty



I am writing in green today for one reason, it is St. Patty's Day.  I know very little about St. Patty's Day so I'm not going to talk about it, but I was actually surprised about how little not only I know, but my fellow peers know about the day we wear green and pinch people who are not wearing green.  Do you know much about it?  If you do, good for you; if you don't, I know how you feel.


In other news, this week, Wednesday through Friday, is Mission's Conference at Biola.  It's been pretty interesting this far.  The theme is "Let There Be Light," challenging us to go out in the world and be a light to the masses for Jesus Christ.  There are millions of people who are unreached, living without, in some cases, any knowledge whatsoever of Jesus Christ and His love for them.  The world needs to see the Light! The conference has just started, but it's going to be good.  Definitely a humbling, challenging opportunity. 



In other news, Formspring's psychology still absolutely intrigues me.  Here's the link: http://formspring.me/morganlott and here are a selection from the week:


What spurred you to wear a collared shirt every Wednesday?

My sophomore year in high school, a few friends and I decided to create the "Collared Shirt Wednesday." There really wasn't a rhyme or reason, it was just for fun. Before long, however, most who were in on the festivities dropped out, but I continued on. I thought about why I liked the idea of wearing at least collared shirt every Wednesday and this is what I came up with: the average school week is Monday through Friday, without differential aspects between the five days. This obviously can create monotony and the feeling that every day drags on, being exactly the same. Wednesday is right in the middle of the school week: two day's before and two days after. So I figured, hey, why not throw a curve ball? Why not spice up the week a little bit? That got the snowball rolling 3 years ago and it's been growing ever since.


what is your favorite Disney movie and why?

This question is incredibly difficult and I'm not quite sure why. It could be because Disney has made quite a few films and that is being modest, so I feel like I'm forgetting one, or a few.

However, I will venture to say my favorite Disney movie is THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE and here's why: the animation is different, the voices are perfect, there are brilliant instances of wit and humor, the story is compelling, multiple classes are shown becoming friends, and who doesn't enjoy a llama? The film is brilliant in multiple ways and I venture to say it is my favorite Disney movie.

For the record, The Emperor's New Groove may not be my favorite Disney movie, it's subject to change. This question was incredibly difficult and I'm not quite sure why.


What is the perfect weather?

Funny you'd ask because today and yesterday were abnormally close to "perfect." But to be specific, I'd say a temperature of 81±4° with enough breeze to make it, well, perfect. This is my "perfect" weather (subject to change), but this may not be your "perfect" weather at all. That's up to you, your preferences, and your enjoyability. Go out and bask.


There's three, maybe yours will be up here next week. Here's your opportunity:






In other news, I have a video for you: there are no words: so I will not explain AT ALL: I was confused: you might be as well: worth a look:





I didn't have too much for you today, for this I apologize.  These next few weeks are hectic due to midterms and papers and homework and projects and social life and relaxation and everything other than this blog.  So have a good week *plus more.

No comments:

Post a Comment