Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Homeward




It's a Wednesday and I sit on my couch.  I'm at home for today, as I was yesterday, and I will be leaving tomorrow for the beginning of the spring semester.  This trip home is an interesting experience for this sole reason: anybody I would hang out with, including my family, have school or work most of the day.  Yes, there are times when people have time and I have utilized these opportunities, but, nevertheless, these times are sparse.  So, I write you this blog entry in an indifferent tone.  I'm not particularly excited for the day, but am not dreading it: indifference.  But hey, it's supposed to be the end of a six week winter break, so indifference is expected, so who am I kidding?

Now on to the good stuff.  For today's post, I have a few few multimedia pieces and have caught my attention and also a story or two.  It's bound to be a good time.  So sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience.

To start off, I will describe an experience Mr. Beau Akers, Mr. Patrick Greene, and I, Mr. Morgan Lott, experienced.  At approximately 11 P.M., after the driving through black canyon and into the valley, following the observance of the haunted orange orchard, succeeding the near death experience of the white rabbit, Mr. Patrick Greene spots a decently sized hill to drive up in the distance, down a dark street that is reportedly out of a nightmare.  We decide to turn around and proceed up the hill.  On the way up, Mr. Beau Akers immediately exclaims there is somebody in the old sports utility vehicle parked on the steep grade.  Upon turning around atop the apex of the hill, we decide to slow down next to sports utility vehicle to see if Mr. Beau Aker's claim is correct.  As we begin down the grade, anticipation billows throughout the car.  The sports utility vehicle approaches.  Each of our heads turn as our car slows.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ARE SUBJECTIVE TO EACH ACCOUNT

As we prepare to drill into the sports utility vehicle with our eyes, solely to see if there is somebody in the car to prove Mr. Beau Aker's claim, we slow to slower than slow.  We continue past and look: there is a pale woman wearing an off-white sweater, with her back to the steering wheel, in other words, she is facing the wrong way in the drivers seat.  As I can tell, there is nobody else in the car, just the deathly-faced woman facing the wrong way, staring us down.  The pass occurred in slow motion, prompting a good look to see that there is in fact nobody else in the sports utility vehicle with her.  Immediately, screams and pounding fill the car.  Mr. Beau Akers and Mr. Patrick Greene exclaim terror and I pound on the dashboard laughing so hard.
To me, the drive-by was the funniest experience I have experienced in a long long while, arguably ever.  To them...well you'll just have to ask them.  I cannot speak for Mr. Beau Akers and Mr. Patrick Greene.

The facebook status update:

     Back to the wheel, she sat alone,
       upon a hill, a chill to the bone.
    
    We screamed in terror, she made us go,
       of what we saw, we'll never know.



I am immensely glad that experience was experienced.  Immensely glad.

Here's a quote (taken from here) by my brother, Mr. Connor Lott: 

"Then a corpse came into the scene of the shadow of jittery chairs. Then a hat of doom was Eurasia and the panic of It's Wednesday was Relief. An alarming accordion fell of phantom. The butterfly of apparition of mysterious 1930's died in a car crash. Appalling of im flew away in suspicious eerie confusion." -Connor Lott 10|29|08



In other news, 



I personally am a fan of the comic strip "Bizarro," crafted by Mr. Dan Piraro.  This particular comic was featured on his blog a few weeks ago, but ran in the papers on March 19, 1998.  I'm not quite sure why I like Bizarro so much, perhaps it is the wit, perhaps it is the sometimes hidden meanings.  I do know this much, there is ALWAYS a punch line.  Sometimes it does not seem like there is, but after doing some searching, there is definitely a punch line.  Thanks Dan Piraro for adding a dollup of joy to my newspaper reading.

In other news, I mentioned last week that I was writing a phatty paper on Wes Anderson.  I ended up finishing it and turning it in, like a normal student would.  I also mentioned that I might post it up here; well, here it is, in link(ed) form: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU6It115lvhCZGhmczJybl8xZGdkNTV3Zm0&hl=en   You really don't have to read it as it is quite lengthy; but, for those of you who would like to read it, go right ahead, I included the link in this post just for you.

In other news, videos.  I have a decent amount to show you today.  A decent amount.  First, a video about a man who parks his car.  It sounds lame and boring and a waste of time and when I tell you it is in a different language, it sounds misunderstandable, but I assure you, the man who parks his car KNOWS HOW TO PARK HIS CAR: 



In other news, I have been playing with After Effects, an extremely powerful computer program that does so much stuff I can't explain any of it, for a few reasons and have put out around 4 test videos.  The one you're about to see is the first one I was decently pleased with so I uploaded to Vimeo for the world to see, for you to see.  Enjoy:



In other news, the next video features our main man David Blaine, a decently famous magician.  I read about this video and watched the whole thing and it is inspiring.  David Blaine decided to break the world record for longest time without breathing and ends up holding his breath for over 17 minutes: this is his story.  This guy has so much self-motivation and determination to make the "impossible" happen.  The man who is David Blaine:

WARNING: RATHER LENGTHY






And ladies and gentlemen, that is it.  If I have more, I'll add more, which is code for "this is probably the final draft."  I often think of stuff to add soon after, but hey, it is what it is.  Thank you fellow internet users.

No comments:

Post a Comment