Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rain And Tornado






Tornado warning, what?  Here's a quote from the LA Times Blog because I don't really want to try to rephrase it:

"The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for the South Los Angeles, Long Beach and Whittier areas as a powerful new storm moves ashore.
The warning is expected to be in place for at least 45 minutes.
Radar shows heavy rain falling in Long Beach, with the storm moving in at 35 mph to the northeast. There were also reports of thunder and lightning across the region.
Forecasters said the storm was capable of producing a tornado, but there was no evidence at this time that any tornadoes have developed on land.
The tornado warning was extended to Orange County. In Seal Beach, officials were urging people to get off the beach. In San Pedro, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported major street flooding in areas near the harbor and ocean"


Interesting.  Very interesting indeed.


I don't have much comment on this other than I was in class the entire time the "scare" was about...I missed out.


Sorry if today's post is short.  Like I said in last week's, I don't have time.  There is lots to do and little time to do it and, sorry to say, this blog does not get the priority.





Interterm is going well. We're in our last week (already) and it's definitely not slowing down.  I am (or will be later today) writing a 10-12 page research report on the "auteur" that is Wes Anderson.  So over the last 5 days, I have pretty much watched a Wes Anderson flick every night.  Wes Anderson.  This guy, man.  So unique and has so many small little tendencies that stick out.  That was poorly worded.  Maybe I'll post my report on here next week.  If you are a fan of Wes Anderson's, what is your favorite film of his?  I personally enjoy "The Royal Tenenbaums" for than any other, but, as I figured out last night, "The Darjeeling Limited" has an incredible amount of symbolism which was rather intriguing.  Yes.



















I have two more things for you.  First, Myspace is back in business.  Yes, you realize that was prime real estate in Junior High School, or whenever.  Fact is, Facebook and Twitter have taken the reigns of social networking.  There is a special place in my heart for Myspace though:  Entitled ""

Decently interesting. 

I have grown a lot since then in height, intelligence, maturity, and numerous others.

So here's the deal:

I still think Myspace is cool.  I have always enjoyed the ability to customize the profile, and even though the majority of profiles simply induce seizure, I have a special place in my heart for Myspace.  I can attribute my introduction to Graphic Design and other media to Myspace, something that Facebook hasn't and may never do.  I am grateful.

That's my opinion/life experience.


I have a real blog.  If you like blogs, you should read it: http://emliv.blogspot.com

Sincerely,

Morgan Lott



So fact is, as far as design, Myspace OWNS all other social networking sites.  Maybe not all, but you know what I mean.  So, a few weeks ago, I redesigned my profile.  You need to check it out because MYSPACE IS BACK!




plus, Tom is lonely.






In other news, I stumbled across a video that I started playing and then immeditely felt relaxed.  These guys play the hang drum and make beauftiful music.  Worth a listen:





Well.  That's it.  I hope you are having a nice day today.  Rain or shine.  Dark or light.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment