Wednesday, November 4, 2009

For Emma (Who is Emma?)



EXPLANATION: is necessary for this "outfit" if you will. There is an explanation believe it or not.

First matter of business, today is November 4th. Let me repeat that, today is November 4th. Yes, it is November already. Time is flying folks. Speaking of flying, October 31st has come and gone (pretty decent by the way, relatively surprising change of events. Hung out with a decent amount of at Dana Point at Ms. Paige Echarte's beautiful beach house. We experienced Emily Rose. We trick 'r treated one house. The next day's weather perhaps the most gorgeous weather I have experienced in at least a few years. I mentioned the weather at least 10 times that day.) and the Christmas "stuff " will be arriving, if it already hasn't, in stores in a very minimal amount of days.

The tie symbolizes this. The tie, if the photo doesn't do it justice, has miniature Santa Claus' all over it. Santa Claus is a common symbol in our society of Christmas. The tie is abnormally short on my shirt by being a good three inches from my waistline. The time it takes stores to change holidays and complete change the feel of there store is abnormally short as well.

From there, my shorts, socks, and shoes are all tanish, off-whiteish or a combination of both. This is because as winter approaches, the color of nature is starting to desaturate. The color is no where near as bright and saturated as it was, say, in the middle of July.

That said, life is good. The semester is winding down and two big obstacles were conquered today as a Foundations of Christian Thought Midterm II and a 10 page psychology paper were on the plate labeled at November 4th, 2009. (What? what kind of imagery is that). I still have some big decisions to make concerning my major. I need to talk to people about it, sort out what I like and don't like, honing in on "the one." We'll see what happens, yes?

For all you graphic design, photography, artsy, other stuffy people out there, are there any good magazine subscriptions that are straight up solid? I think I may be interesting in getting monthy reading material...

And for you, I appreciate your patience by the way, a video:




I like this video for a few reasons. Number 1: Bon Iver is revolutionary, they are pulling out musical ideas like nothing and it sounds rad. I'm diggin' it. Number 2: they just jam in a hallway. Accapellaly (definitely wasn't a word; it is now), Bon Iver sings their song "For Emma," replacing musical instrument with voice and changing the key. They they simply go out in the street and jam. SO inspiring. Just do what you love to do, whether you are in a tiny hallway, in the middle of the street, or in front of 100,000 fans at the Rose Bowl (props U2). Number 3: "For Emma," specifically the three note repetition sequence, has been stuck in my head for the last day and half. I'm sorry for anybody I have annoyed.


Like always, I feel I have forgotten to talk about something. This is the case most Wednesdays. I hope you enjoyed this. I don't reread it, I don't edit it. I honestly don't know how it sounds. It might be incredibly confusing, maybe somewhat abstract, for this, I apologize. I hope you have a wonderful day today. I have a suggestion: go outside and look at stuff. Look at trees, look at grass, look at street signs. Incredible.



Mmm. I remembered something. I ran across an artist named Glenn Jones-http://www.glennz.co.nz/- who is THE MAN when it comes to clever illustrations. Here are a few of my favorites:














Fares.

No comments:

Post a Comment