Wednesday, November 25, 2009

corner



Tis the season to be jolly. It's Christmas time everybody. I'll tell you what. Thanksgiving is forgotten. HOWEVER, what is Thanksgiving? Is it an excuse to recognize what you're thankful for? In my opinion, we shouldn't have to be reminded to be thankful. Hmm. Thanksgiving all year round!

But isn't Thanksgiving celebrating the Pilgrim and Natives to North America's union and feast that we remember through the feast? Who knows anymore. The stores and malls and restaurants and public walkways sure don't know. I would say all, maybe with a few exceptions (EDIT: end of post=EXCEPTION), put up Christmas decorations well before Thanksgiving, completely disregarding one of the least selfish holidays. It is saddening to see this. Nevertheless, Christmas music is definitely acceptable all year round. Bing Crosby is the man.


Today I am at home. I arrived yesterday and will be leaving today. I will be getting a haircut. Yes, just one hair. I'm not wearing a collared-shirt (technically, I am wearing a collared-shirt; even t-shirts have a collar) and I look like an old pizza box that is still in the bottom of the dumpster after the dumpster truck empties it. I'm not sure why [tennis] is written in the photo. I can't even make up a story. Scratch that. I was thinking of tennis because last night I threw a tennis ball at my brother and it got lodged in the foosball table, but my brother, not seeing where it went, could not find it as he clearly intended to huck it back at me. That is why it says [tennis].


I have a few things to present, as I am at a loss for much else to write about. First, a few days ago, the Twenty-First of November to be exact, a few buddies from my floor and I went to see Ashley Tisdale, FREE in concert at the 90-foot Christmas tree lighting at the Citadel Outlets. It was an experience:



In the flesh.




Here is something that I have enjoyed. I heard of this deal over a year ago, then I did my first (and only) one a month or two ago, and now, today, I am posting it here. I was going to do another one today, but I started and lost my motivation instantly. It was a like a wisp of vapor, it disappeared just as fast, if not faster, than it arrived.

For your enjoyment:


Steps:

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

5 - Advertise to other people, spread the word.

Just a little activity for you and your web-surfing capabilities.



Lastly, in Simi Valley, there used to be (he might still be there, I wouldn't know) a profesh sign-twirler on the corner going to the Simi Valley Town Center. There were sign-twirlers all over Simi, but this particular sign-twirler was easily the most talented. I saw this video the other day and it reminded me greatly of the sign-twirler on the corner going to the Simi Valley Town Center.



For your enjoyment.



I hope you enjoyed this blog post. There really wasn't much to enjoy, at least of my writing. There was a decent amount of multimedia, however, and I hope you found some joy in the material.


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and you should be thankful. However, I challenge you to be thankful all year round.

Christmas is right around the corner.





EDIT: I was just on Twitter and look what the fellas of Underoath (http://twitter.com/UnderoathBand) posted:




Nordstrom knows what's up. Thanks UØ!

No comments:

Post a Comment