Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sight

ATTENTION: LISTEN TO THIS WHEN YOU READ. I WAS LISTENING TO THIS WHEN I WROTE. I KNOW- UNBELIEVABLE





Today was an interesting day that most people did not pick up on: day.

TODAY WAS ALL ABOUT SIGHT

You have probably seen those images in magazines that have two side by side with, say, 10 differences between the two images. This was like that. Except the objective was to figure out was wrong with my "outfit." It's time for answers. I will go through every letter shown in the image, as, if you were paying attention, in some way is not normal.

A. Glasses. I don't wear glasses. I hate glasses. Instead, I wear contacts. I hate contacts. But I hate glasses more.

B. Undone top button of dress shirt. I think this is tacky. Unless part of the look (rich, preppy kid/reality tv), I believe the top button should always be buttoned. I've never unbuttoned the top button before, something I do not normally do.

C. Unbuttoned dress shirt sleeves. Are you kidding me? Unless they are rolled up, these bad boys should never be unbuttoned, especially leaving them flopping around like this. I actually got quite annoyed of my wind-driven shirt sleeves.

D. The most obvious marker was the tie: a replication of a chart you would see at the optometrist, or any doctor for the matter. I had a wonderful time testing people on their sight and convincing them their eyes were going bad when the letters began to blur towards the bottom. They believed me.

E. The Livestrong bracelet. I'm kind of glad nobody mentioned the bracelet, or I'd feel like I was being stalked. Anywho, I was wearing Lance Armstrong's 2nd claim to glory on my right wrist, instead of my usual left. Yeah, I went crazy on this Wednesday.

F. I was wearing all black. This is really unnessessary unless going to a funeral. I definitely do not do this often. This was one of the most pointed out "unusualities" so to speak.

G. Socks. I have a thing about socks. I do not wear them with shorts. Ever. I don't know why, I just don't do it. Maybe its the sock tan prevention. Also, Sperry Top Siders, even though many people do it, are not meant to be worn with socks. They are boat shoes. I felt wierd today, almost rebellious and disrespectful to the Sperry's. It just isn't meant to be.

H. Shoes. I wore off-white shoes with all black clothing. Girls got me on this one. It doesn't match whatsoever. I guess you could make an argument that it matches the lettering on my tie, but that is no excuse. This was kind of a lame one to end with.


So that's it. Wednesday, the 4th of February. I'm diggin' second semester so far. I finally have a free sixth which is definitely nice. I also won't get sick of drums anymore. The other week was the first time I've ever been sick of drums. I played in directors at 7 am, then 5th period jazz, the drumline for 3 hours, then jammed in church worship. By Friday, I was sick of it! It was crazy. AP Government is going to be interesting, considering it's 5th period and that when the tired bee stings me. Plus, I can't remember anything when it comes to facts. We'll see what happens.

Three events happened recently that I need to report on. First, I attended Simi's winter formal with Ms. Julie Nicolas Thursday night. I had a good time and I believe she did too, so in the end, everybody wins. It was at the Ronald Reagan Library, underneath Air Force One. It was kind of surreal, dancing under our former presidents airplane.
Friday, I attended the Annie Awards at UCLA with my buddy Mr. Kelii Miyata. It was pretty much the Oscars for everything animation. We hosted the presenters for the night and I had the pleasure of hosting Mr. James Arnold Taylor. The night was pretty cool, getting to see many famous people, seeing some of my photoshop work on the big screen, watching Kung Fu Panda sweep everything, listen to the rants of Brad Garrett about Kung Fu Panda, the list continues. One of the highlights was almost signing up for CALPIRG -- twice. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Nobody knows what I'm talking about except Kelii and any unsuspecting bystander watching the foolishness.
Sunday was Super Bowl XLIII. I said we wouldn't see a better Super Bowl in our lifetimes than Super Bowl XLII, but Super Bowl XLIII certainly could have been better than Super Bowl XLII. Amazing amazing game. Just amazing. I still can't believe how good it was. TO THE END! I was hoping the Cards would come out on top, as my shirt read (a tradition), but they sure put up a good fight. I can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment