Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Endure



It's Wednesday. Again. Again. It's Wednesday. Again. I feel like it's always Wednesday. Actually, I don't. It just seems like Wednesday happens a lot. I guess. Again.

Life has been crazy. Trying to balance school, a business, any sort of social life, and slacking off has been difficult. There's 24 hours a day, you spend, if you're healthy, about a fourth of that sleeping. Let the balancing begin. I've been sacrificing sleep quite a bit for the sake of being social. "Oh, homework can wait, let's go to In-n-Out" or "Oh, you want to have a fun conversation that will last 45 minutes? Okay, let me put my book down" or "Oh, a client just emailed, it's time to release a video; take a seat, Philosophy." Time's like these are not opportune BUT I am grateful for a full plate. I'm grateful for the school, the business, any sort of social life, and slacking off can sometimes be relaxing. 

Similarly, I quit Facebook this week. Well, sorta. I can't "afford" to "quit." Mawwiage Films fuels off of Facebook, there a number of groups that are important to my well-being, and it's a great social tool. HOWEVER, I often turn to Facebook to slack off, to kill time I don't have. It's highly addictive and highly dangerous, BUT a necessary tool for current events and staying up to date in both my business and personal lives. SO, what did I do? I changed my password to something random, a difficult to memorize code that sits in an annoying, out-of-the-way place, so when I need Facebook, I have to go out of my way to get the password. It's worked fantastically thus far; I'm more productive, efficient, and slacking off has taken a hit. Let's see how long it lasts.

Yesterday was pretty rad. I met a new friend, her name's Endeavor. A good friend of mine, Mr. Preston Richardson, asked me if I would shoot some video of the Shuttle while he shot stills, documenting Javelin Logistics' role in Endeavor's last mission: the transport to the California Science Center. I didn't qualify that as even a question. The answer was an emphatic YES. This was an incredible experience. Being in the same vicinity as not only a space shuttle that may be the last United States craft in space in a long long while, but something that will LITERALLY be there one time EVER was almost overwhelming. It was a fantastic opportunity and it was a great time hangin' with Preston and the gentlemen from Javelin Logistics; a true once in a lifetime experience.




So, I think that's basically it. These weeks have been nuts. Weekends have been nuts. This last weekend was one for the record books. This is how Friday was described via instagram: "Words to describe tonight: #multi-fun #multi-friendz #multi-dimensional #california #class #sass #hopping #popping #town #latelatelate #interestingineverysense #timeforbed"


Friends, take advantage of the life you life. Don't slack off, don't be lazy. Take every opportunity you have and make it something great. Invest in every action. Look forward to even the mundane. Enjoy life, it's a gift we don't deserve. Be thankful.

Ge generous today.

No comments:

Post a Comment