Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Conflicting colors



WILD TIMES WE LIVE.

Ms. Norma Santamaria told me I should randomly choose items to wear for this Wednesday. So I did. And then I realized some interesting symbolism. Check it out: conflicting colors: teal and blue. They're close, but definitely not the same. They don't go well together. They're close, but definitely not the same. In the last few weeks, I have been exposed to a number of young, creative 20 y/o's who are creating content that is simply unbelievable. The amount of potential I have seen in people my age has inspired, terrified, and humbled me to the utmost. These people are the teal, I am the blue. My work is close, but definitely not the same as some of these unbelievable creative's. It doesn't match... but it's close. Should it match?


This week has been pretty wild. Due to awful sleeping habits, my body gave me a wake-up call and gifted me with a fabulous case of the common cold. Way too many Kleenex later and a rad video shoot at the Ronald McDonald House in San Diego, I headed home to Simi Valley for a sunrise music video shoot with my pals Mr. Kelii Miyata and Mr. Brent Rowley. Sunrise is CRAZY. It literally lasts 15 minutes. At 6:25am, it's dark. At 6:30am, the sun begins it's rise. At 6:45am, IT IS COMPLETELY LIGHT. Don't blink. We got some pretty great footage, Mr. Brent Rowley's a natural.


I admit, I'm a tad lackadaisical. It might be because I still have awful sleeping habits. And I woke up at 10:30am this morning, realizing that my 10:30am class was starting, realizing I had zero seconds to get to class, realizing I was going to be late for class, realizing that is ALWAYS a big bummer. When mornings start in this fashion, it throws the whole day into a gnarly funk.

I'm experiencing this funk.


Have a bless-d day, encourage someone, laugh with someone, get serious with someone, dig down deep with someone, get witty with someone.


LAUGHS! from Everynone on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment