Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Punky



It's Wednesday. Certainly is. It's Wednesday again. And again.

Today's clothing styles is symbolic. Exactly a year ago, the clothing styles were the same. Take a look: http://emliv.blogspot.com/2011/10/storytime.html. This is important, it is INCREDIBLE how much happens in a year. We look the same, we dress the same, but we're a year older and a year wiser. This is when this blog comes in real handy (I've debated quitting this thing many a time); it allows for an opportunity to remember, reflect, and learn from the past. It's crazy to see that a year ago, Mawwiage Films was finishing up it's first summer and how far we have come since then. It's crazy to see that a year ago, the SWAGTACULAR video had just been released:

SWAGTACULAR // The Chaos from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.

This video was the BIG one. It legitimately changed my life. I began to see life differently, I approached filmmaking in an ENTIRELY new way, I had been exposed to an entirely new world creatively, relationally, and personably. This experience set me on a new path school-wise, career-wise, and turned me into the person I am today. This was a year ago. 1 year.


School's been nuts STRAIGHT UP but it's been fun as well STRAIGHT UP. Last week was Punk N Pie, Biola's annual talent show. I was part of a group called Hau Fun, led by the multi-talented Ms. Sarah Hau, covering "Some Nights" by fun. This was A BALL. So so much fun, so so much energy, so so much sweat. It brought me back to my drumline days and it was FANTASTIC to be back. Running 4 bars over and over, marking time, the whole shebang. Such a blast, so loud. And let me tell you, if you want a GNARLY forearm workout, beat the living daylights out of a turned up kick drum with a mallet with all your might. Enjoy the show!



Here's a picture the multi-talented Ms. Caitlin Helms snapped. JAM ON.



PLUS. My fam bam came down for Biola Weekend and were able to experience this madness! The college kids cooked dinner for the fam bam and it turned out delightful. Delicious.

AND, just for good measure, here's the video from our performance last year. JAZZERCISE, this group went down in history. It's difficult to beat it, definitely difficult.





WOW WOW WOW.

I'm speechless. Love it.





So that's it for this week. Some nice recollections. Punk N Pie is always fantastic. This year's was better than the rest. I heard it said that previous year's talent shows felt like high school talent shows. This year, high school was left in the dust. A FANTASTIC lineup, most of the acts original and surprising. And letting the audience vote for the winner? Definitely a good move. Will the REAL winner please stand up? Taking away the judges and letting the crowd decide worked out very very well.



Do something fun this week. Get crazy, go wild, do something out of the ordinary, throw a spin on your week, GET NUTTY.

Bye, folks.

1 comment: