Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Imminence



What a week, what a week, what a week.

You're going to get some serious Reader's Digestion going on here. Super fast, super imminent, les go, les go.

Thursday.

Thursday was big. So, on Facebook, I'm "friends" with people I do not necessarily know. These can be people I look up to, industry pros, social icons, the list goes on. Early last week, I noticed Mr. Eliot Rausch posted a status asking for young, action sports savvy, LA area, DSLR cinematographers for an opportunity. I sent my info. That was that. By the way, Mr. Rausch is a GENIUS when it comes to short documentaries. His most famous is below:

Last Minutes with ODEN from Eliot Rausch + Phos Pictures on Vimeo.


So then, last Wednesday, I get an email from Vans Off The Wall asking me to come to the headquarters for an interview. WHAT. So I did. And it was rad. AND CLOSE! The Vans HQ is just 9 miles away from Biola's campus. We'll see what happens from here. I'm stoked to be collaborating.

Thursday night, I cruised all over LA with Ms. Amanda Cooper. We went to Downtown Disney, we went to Universal CityWalk, we went to Mulholland Drive (and explored it to kingdom come), we went to Hollywood Blvd, we saw RIDICULOUS architecture, we witnessed the Ed Hardy outlet store (I really want to return), we saw lots of closed storefronts, talking and laughing about all of the above + more. Great time, to say the least!

Don't know what happened Friday. Bummer.

Saturday morning, I went to the famed Urth Cafe with new friend Ms. Danae Garcia and old friend Ms. Jenn Larcomb. Jenn hails from Simi Valley, my beloved hometown, and we lived through and experience high school together, enjoying our years at the wonderful Royal High School.  Not only did great conversation commence, but Urth Cafe provided delightful eats. Very LA. Super cool to catch up.

Sunday, I set my alarm for 7:30AM and woke up at 12:45PM. Not okay. But at the same time, okay. My body, that I abuse and neglect, needed that sleep more than I know... I guess. Kinda changed the makeup of the day, but hey, we do what we gotta do. You may remember I mentioned a PHATTY event that ADAMO Collection threw a few Friday's ago and Sunday is the day the video was released. Check check it:


Underground Art Showcase from ADAMO Collection on Vimeo.


Monday, don't really know what happened. Actually, I believe Monday night was the night we watched Signs. I don't really remember why we watched Signs. All I know is Ms. Amanda Cooper wanted to watch Mr. Michael Warnecke watch signs. So we watched Signs. Signs is easily one of the best films I've ever seen. Smash Mr. M. Night all you want but he definitely did something right in Signs. The way silence is taken advantage of, the way white space in the edit is abused, this is quality quality filmmaking. Movies this day in age aren't made with this much care anymore. At least it seems that way. DIG IT. Once the film commenced and bed was calling names, it was 3 some in the morning. I heard Michael yell "EYY" and "I'M CALLIN' THE COPS" from inside his room, and I started running because that's somewhat of an urgent call. Turns out there was a boy and girl making quite the scene outside our apartment, a scene right out of movies such as "The Notebook" or "Twilight." Face-sucking is a pretty good term for it. Let's just say the "I'M CALLIN' THE COPS" scared them just a bit. We laughed, a bunch. It felt like summer camp, laughin' real hard, running around the apartment, gettin' all giddy, wakin' up neighbors, having conversations through windows, the whole bit. It was a good night.

Tuesday. Copy + Paste from the facebook.


Had so many SOLID conversations today with old and new faces. Thank you for exchanging words with me, it's more encouraging than you know. And that's including you, "R.D." Thanks.
 Seriously though. So many good conversations with good friends, acquaintances, strangers. So much to talk about, so much to learn about, to much to listen to. And then "R.D." comes out of the blue. I find this piece of paper in my mailbox and it goes on to be perhaps the most encouraging few sentences I've ever had the privilege to read.  Rocked my world. "R.D.", if you're reading this, you made my day, week, month, year. Thanks a million.

And then BOOM. Here we are today. All over again. Here we go. And you know what's funny? Last week I thought I had no time. It's still true. I don't have time. But look at all this stuff that spilled out onto this blog... it just kinda happened. I think that's what this blog is about. Spillage.


Have a great week my friends. Enjoy the weather. Hot and cold. Sunday was Hot. And now that I think of it, this was from Sunday:

It's a beautiful day. Rejoice. #ecclesiastes11:7 #theSUN #theSON http://instagr.am/p/HxF409TBOs/



Or freezing, like yesterday.  Enjoy it, no matter what.



Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment