Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Uttermost



Life life life-ety life life.  Absolute madness, ladies and gentlemen. I know. I sound like a broken record. I always say how life is crazy, I'm learning a lot, I'm so busy, yada yada yada. But it's all true. Every week. For some reason, the busyness never lightens up, it seems to expand. Just when I think it's impossible to be "more busy," something comes up and, well, it's definitely possible to be "more busy."

I had an assignment due today.


Infatuation. I bought 15 hamburgers from 5 different fast food restaurants: McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr., Wendy's, and Jack in the Box, and two sets of fries.

What's funny is this piece was in response to this poem:

A GIRL by Ezra Pound

The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast -
Downward,
The branches grow out of me, like arms.

Tree you are,
Moss you are,
You are violets with wind above them.
A child - so high - you are,
And all this is folly to the world. 


Last week, I mentioned I was working on the Biola Film "Little Red Elephant" and it was madness. It is still madness, but we wrapped shooting on Sunday! This experience was unreal and a lot goes into why it was unreal. I pulled my focus, developed my eye, and learned that RED camera like it was one of my own. My position and craft was to make sure that frame was crystal clear, a job I quickly found was not near as easy as it sounds. This crew was easily the best crew I've been a part of. Everybody knew and perfected their jobs on set, there was little to no conflict between positions. There were little to no arguments. People got along. People laughed. Lots of inside jokes. When you spend 8 days of 8 hours or more together, this kind of thing happens.  Camera team was rock solid, Mr. Camon Davison as the camera operator, Mr. Justin Rood as the 2nd Assistant Cameraman, myself as the 1st AC, Ms. Ivana Jiron as the camera PA, Ms. Giselle Gonzalez as the ever important DIT, and Mr. Matt Schouten heading the team as the Director of Photography.  Good times to say the least, yeah? Yeah, good times. My roommate Mr. Joel Limbauan is the beast of an editor and Little Red Elephant is going down in history.

D R O P   T H E   B A S S.










This week has been uttermost chaotic. It's been nuts. So this is my goodbye. Goodbye. We'll talk soon.




Drink a smoothie of your second favorite fruit. Second favorite. That way you can look forward to a smoothie of your first favorite fruit.






No comments:

Post a Comment