Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snaps



I'm back at school, just like *snap* that.  I'm taking a Spanish class, I'm three days in.  It should be good, it's basically immersion.  Which is a good thing, all I think about most of the day is Spanish.  Every day, constant Spanish throughout the week.  It's a good thing, but the class is very long.  Four hours a day, it feels like it get longer every day.  It's the first week though, it will speed up and feel short as the days go by.  Interterm is interterm.  It's bad in a good way.  I'm enjoying myself, there's so much work to be done.  So much work.  It's quite remarkable.


Because of this, I have little time to construct this Wednesday's post.  Sorry, I hope it doesn't produce negative emotions.


I have a couple announcements:

I had some fun designing this last week!  Hooray!  I completely redesigned my twitter profile as well as my myspace profile.  Here's something ironic, twitter is perhaps the most recent, biggest social media website, and myspace is perhaps the least, on the decline form of social media.  Here's the thing, I still dig myspace, I'd be on it every single day if it wasn't for nobody else wants to use it, I don't understand why.  At least from a designer's point of view, myspace destroys facebook, at least it did until myspace 3.0 came out.  It's all relative.  Here are your links:





Fun fun fun.



Here's something, while I was at Hume Lake during the summer, I shot two rolls of Kodak T-Max 400 film.  I had a good time, captured some good moments, and now they are online for you, you can now have a good time, you can capture some of those good moments.

Below is the link that links to the live album on my Facebook profile:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=328961&id=714162753&l=110166da35

Here are two shots:





Fun fun fun.




You know what else is fun?


VIDEO(s)



First up, there's this beatboxer called Beardyman and he took his talent to unsuspectors, I dig I dig.




In the spirit of skating, I took a trip back to yesteryear and remembered Rodney Mullen.  Remember Rodney Mullen?  One word: NUTTY.  Revolutionized skateboarding without his style becoming wildly popular.



Have you heard of Pogo?  If you don't recognize the name, you probably would recognize some of his work.  Here's his latest:

"This is remix of sights and sounds that I filmed around the city of Johannesburg, South Africa. This marks the beginning of my World Remix project!"

Super sick, super classic, check it:



Lastly, for all you vocal buffs out there, this video surfaced the other day.  Yesterday, when I found it, it had around 500,000 views.  Now, as I write this, it has 5,393,300 views.  That's quite a difference in a day.  Super super rad.  This homeless man has an incredible voice and he....well I'll just let him tell the story.

Currently, people all over are joining together to help this guy out, get him a job, get his life back together, and it might just work.  I wish him the best.




UPDATE:

This is a great reason why the internet is rockin'. So great. So great.





Incredible.






And that's it folks.  Video heavy, media heavy, not word heavy.  It's a good thing every once in a while, yeah?  Fun fun fun for everyone.





Have a fun-filled day today.  Take a walk outside, feel the temperature, imagine what 20 degrees colder would feel like, and then imagine was 20 degrees warmer would feel like.  If you had to choose one, 20° warmer, 20° colder, or where you are right now, which one would you pick?


I must say, I'd be SO down for 87 degrees right now.  SOOOOO down.

No comments:

Post a Comment