Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heat wave


The day has started, you sit (or however you look at the computer) and read.  You're reading the words that formed in my brain, that I structured in my head, and proceeded to type from a "qwerty" keyboard into a Blogger "New Post" document.  How interesting.  You sit (or however you look at the computer) and probably not only read this post, but surf the internet to it's full capacity, you visit hundreds of websites, most of which contain text that some person out there wrote on their keyboard into the vast technology of the interwebs.  How interesting.

The weather broke a record on Monday.  113° in LA which supposedly is a record of some sort.  I read the record record is 119° for something.  I don't know what distinguishes these two "records" or what even qualifies for a record.  I know every single day has records for cold and heat so I really don't know what this 113° record consists of.  I could do a little research but I'm not going to, sorry; if you're that interested, you either already know, or you're going to look it up on google right now.


That said, it's been hot lately, I've been digging it.  It's hard to explain, I may have tried on a previous blog post.  Fact is, my favorite feeling of all time (up to this point in my life at least) is heat on the skin.  It's absolutely wonderful.  The sun being out these last couple days have been delightful.  One of the more notable aspects in the incredible weather during the evening.  Around 9 pm and after, the temperature rocks this world.  The outworld simply stuns those willing to experience.  I've been really enjoying the weather, let's break another record.




Last weekend, I went with my floor, "The Armory" formally known as "The Backside," half way up to Big Bear for two solid days of camping.  This was a great time.  We ate, we slept, we chilled.  It was a blast.  We ate so incredibly much and it was ridiculously wonderful, I don't know if I've ever eaten so much to the point of bursting...in three consecutive meals.  Delicious.  We slept, yeah the sleeping conditions weren't the best as we sleeping on the tough ground, but hey, it is what it is.  And we chilled, we chilled a lot.  Lots of sitting around, lots of walking around, lots of conversation, lots of exploring.  We stumbled upon an abandoned summer camp and explored that bad boy, it was a good time indeed.  And, oh, was it weird being back in the mountains.  Mountains are mountains so they're all kind of look the same.  Pretty nostalgic.  If you want to know more about it, I'll gladly converse with you, just ask me in person.  Here are some pictures from the eat, sleep, chill sesh:





Beauty.


I don't have any video for you.  I apologize.  There was nothing of extreme interest this week, nothing blog worthy.  So instead of watching one of my random videos, go outside and look at a cloud in the sky,  Imagine sitting on top of that cloud and looking down at where you are standing right now.  What would that look like?

Imagination.  Imagination.  Imagine the imagination.



Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment