Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pleased



Here we are, September 22, 10 years after the new millennium.  Today is rather interesting in that I don't have much to talk about.  I have this to report: school is full fledged in session and I have become comfortable with my schedule.  The combination of work and school everyday influence the feeling of the days in that everyday feels like a repeat of the day before.  In other words, it kind of feels like high school.  I wake up the same time everyday and have basically the same schedule everyday.  And what's ironic is it was for this reason Collared Shirt Wednesday's came into existence; the monotony of the week had to be broken up.  In fact, this morning someone posted on Facebook "Happy Hump Day!"  My point exactly.

All that said, today is a normal day.  Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary.




 I really am in a rut, I just sat here for 15 minutes, attempting at a brainstorm, but the sky is just clear as day, no storming here.

 

You know what, I'm actually pleased.  I guess this just means life is good.  Life IS good.  School's good, work's good, family's good, friend's good, continuing list's good, life's good.  I don't have any right to complain.  Even if I had a "reason" to complain, do I really have a legitimate reason?  I bet there are millions and millions of people who have more of a right to complain than I do at any given moment.  Especially living in America, we have it well off.  I'm not going to go into this, but last night, the Preemptive Love Coalition came and spoke to a group of us at Biola University.  Preemptive Love is a nonprofit group that "seeks to eradicate the backlog of Arab and Kurdish children waiting in line for life-saving heart surgery and to create cooperation between communities in conflict" in Iraq and surrounding areas.  Listening to the representatives of the Preemptive Love Coalition talk about the thousands of children simply waiting in line for surgery, a surgery that somebody in America with the same condition would receive in weeks, really put our, as Americans, ease of living in perspective.  This is definitely a complicated subject, and I just grazed the surface.  Check out Preemptive Love Coalition's website http://preemptivelove.org if you have time.



That sure took a turn I wasn't expecting; one of the reason's I love this blog, one of the reason's why I write in the stream of conscious; you never know where it's going to go.



I need to explain the picture up top.  You may notice I am wearing a train engineers hat, you may notice I am wearing one long blue sock on my left leg and one short black sock on my right foot (up to the ankle).  These are odes to the summer of Hume Lake, I often wore the train hat, a favorite of mine, and I would wear one long sock on my left leg (maybe to cover something up? I don't know?) for apparently no reason at all other than I wanted to try non-trend.  I do not really know why I decided to pull out these out today, perhaps it is because of the random sighting and conversation with Mr. Charles Stoicu yesterday.  Either way, I'm sporting the getup today.

This may also have something to do with it:


The "Skyline" was a quality hang out at Hume and this past week, I found this beautiful 6 x 2 foot cardboard sign embracing the signage of the Skyline.  I took it and taped it to my wall.  That's straight krillage if I'd ever seen it.




Time for some video, eh?

The first video embraces the art of dance, music, and bicycle riding.  This guy is pro.  When I first saw this, this is what I thought in my head: "I want to see the fixie generation do this."  Yes, I know, the yellow shirted pro is not riding a fixie, but that is beside the point.  The point is: from my knowledge, many fixed gear bicycle riders enjoy doing tricks/stunts/stalls/whatever.  It's not just about riding a bike.  This yellow shirted pro rides his bike like it is his left hand, he knows that thing backwards, forwards, upside down, crooked, invisible, demolished, the list continues.  Consider this a goal, to be this familiar with your bike.




The second video....

Oh wait, THERE IS NO SECOND VIDEO BECAUSE IT WAS REMOVED BY USER THIS MORNING!  I am thoroughly frustrated.  This video was one of the funniest videos I have seen in a long long time.  Here's the thing though, I'm going to explain it, and it's not going to be funny AT ALL.  There was something about it, the pacing of the editing, the sound of the video played a HUGE role, and the visuals (duh) just made this video THE video.  I really wish you could watch it.  This is what it is: there is a telephone pole on the side of the side of the road during a rally car race.  A number of cars hit this telephone pole.  The people on the sidelines laugh.  One car goes into the cornfield.  It's HILARIOUS.  Just ask my roommate, I was crying.

I have embedded it below, just in case the user decides to reupload it or something. 






So that's it, that is the blog post for September 22, 2010.  Crazy isn't it.  Not necessarily the best post ever, but a few surprises showed up that made it a decent read, at least I hope you see it as a decent read.  I don't know if you see it as a decent read, if you don't see it as a decent read, let me know you don't think it's a decent read, and maybe give me some tips on how to make it a decent read, so hopefully, next week, the blog post will be a decent read.



Have a great day, fellow internet user.  Look at your address, realize it is YOUR address, an identity of sorts.  You're blessed.



I'm going to go drive my train now (do train conductors "drive" trains?).

Choo choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment