Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crutch

Man, this Wednesday schedule is really a crutch on blog writing. It's the second week of the second semester and I am far from being comfortable with my schedule so we'll have to see how it all works out, with flow, the airy, weightless, feather-like feeling of normality.

Today, I am dressed unlike the majority of the Wednesday's. But, like most, there is a reason and a meaning behind the clothing I decided to wear. If you notice, I am wearing a bright orange shirt. If you notice, the rest features a monotone, gray-scale color scale. An objective of mine, a goal I strive for, is to be a bright color among the dull gray's of society. It's not that I want to be different in all I do, it's that the monotony of the styles, popularity, media, entertainment is becoming overbearing. One of my goals is to be set apart from the norm, in both my actions/ attitudes as I strive to demonstrate the love of Christ among the secular world, and through my work in the arts. It's a relatively confusing thought process and, honestly, I haven't figured it all out yet. I feel like I sound conceded and full of myself as I try to proclaim myself as the difference to normality. I can assure you that I try to be as selfless as possible, striving to love others and be interested in the lives of people other than myself. I must admit, it is definitely not the easiest thing to do, but I feel like we all, as humans, struggle with this from time to time.



Sunday is Valentine's Day. If you are a student at Biola University, you have an opportunity to help Haiti by means of donation. The new chapel band at Biola has recorded a 4 song EP that will be for sale outside the cafeteria beginning on Valentine's Day, and 100% of the proceeds are going to World Vision to be used in their Haiti relief efforts. I highly encourage you to check it out and help Haiti heal.

One Heart EP - Haiti Relief from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.


Haiti is still in need and we can help.



If I had more time I would definitely talk about a few topics, such as I have recently been absurdly enthralled by the concept that when you are drinking water, the water is going into you.  This sounds absurd, that's why I used "absurdly" in the last sentence, and I guess it applies to all drinkable liquids and edible foods.  Just one of life's little mysteries.

Have a wonderful day ladies and gentlemen.  Go out and tell your friend why you are their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment