Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Azul

Today is 1984 Olympic Suit Day. Technically it should have been last week because this week is finals but I forgot. In case you didn't know, I wear the blue suit on the last non-finals Wednesday of every semester. Now you know. My favorite reaction of the day thus far has to be an older gentleman in the Biola cafeteria who thanks me: "Thank you for wearing that today." Maybe he has a special background with the blue suit, or maybe it sparks a good memory that he has recently forgotten; either way, he is thankful and I am grateful.

So the first semester of college is officially over. I didn't even get to acknowledge it started. The semester flew by like nobodies business. I guess this is what happens when you get older. I have noticed a startling trend that the school year has been gaining speed every year since elementary school. Startling.
This semester has been good. Definitely a change, no doubt, from high school, and, it's weird, I don't feel like college is as big of a deal as most people have made it out to be. It is still school. However, and this is the squeeze for me, you have more freedom to choose classes/teachers and you live there which can be good and bad, but I think it may take away from the "school" feeling a bit. That is probably confusing...
This semester has been good. Definitely a change, especially when you live with your peers. I have enjoyed meeting lots of people and developing friendships that may or may not last a lifetime. Nevertheless, it's a good time and it has been an interesting journey.
This semester has been good. Definitely a change; the randomity is at it's highest. The people on my floor are incredibly random, it's wonderful. The activities I/we/they/you partake in are often times on the fly and unpredictable which, in my opinion, beats a planned activity 9/10 times.
This semester has been good. Definitely a change, especially in my drawing and hands on artistic skills. Going into my drawing class, drawing was an ancient impossibility. But after 6 hours a week, I have developed a certain respect towards drawing. I still do not like it particularly, but I have definitely grown in the different mediums and styles and others. I did specifically enjoy working with charcoal. I seemed to have an easier time with that than graphite. Decent.
This semester has been good. Definitely a change due to being a freshman again. It's cool though. It's part of the jam. Think of it as a 4 part jam session. We've only just begun.




In other news, I made a short film for kicks. It was pretty random and ran into trouble and other things that don't need mentioning. Point is, it is finished and I personally think it turned out pretty decent. It was my first attempt at color correction with Apple Color. Interesting program to say the least. I had no idea what I was doing and how to do things. Trial and Error=it's a love/hate relationship. Enjoy "Avant-Garde."

Avant-Garde from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.





Avant-Garde (2009) USA/2:20 min




Summary: A short experimental film observing the surface. Back up and take a look.

Filmmakers: Morgan Lott - Everything, Music: "A Circular Reeducation" - Tycho

Cast:

Ben Jacuk - Runner
Jon Marcu - Skateboarder
Luke Thomas - Volleyball



In other news, I have three videos for you. Before I forget, do you like how I include these videos? Let me know by clicking the title of this post and then leave a comment at the very bottom. That'd be cool if you did that, but if you didn't, I won't know, so don't feel obligated. However, it is for your own benefit is it not? So might as well, yes?

First, definitely random but necessary, Ice Fishing. I stumbled upon this video earlier in the week and it reminded me of VIDEO #2 and therefore ice fishing is important. This video is absolutely ridiculous and it ma(de) me laugh uncontrollably for about 32 seconds. Take a look and think about if you would do that. This is how we do.


Second, VIDEO #2. I stumbled upon this video probably sophomore or junior year of high school. It makes me laugh enough to make me remember it. The singer on the left, the right singer's right, is the man when it comes to throat singing. The video as a whole is incredible and definltey worth a watch. Ice Fishing, it's how we do.



Third, a music video. I actually watched this this morning and have been hooked ever since (yeah, long time). It probably will come to pass and it probably isn't that impressive/catchy, but as of right now, it is impressive/catchy. The running heart gets me every time. Check it out: Katzenjammer - "A Bar in Amsterdam" (Official music video by Lasse Gjertsen)







So that is it folks, the text turns black, that must mean I need to go. Have a wonderful week people of the internet and enjoy December like it is the twelfth month out of a possible twelve months in a year.

Have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment