Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Interesting. Life has been interesting. And as high school life is flying to an end, life is bound to get much more interesting. The last week has been nuts. You know the end of the year is coming up when you attend a graduation party. Yes, Ms. Jenn Larcomb is leaving for Tijuana before graduation, but the party is signifying a fellow senior moving on past high school. Moving on, past lawful education, past a dedicated schedule of schooling. Incredible. The end is near, ladies and gentlemen. I don't think President Barack Obama was addressing this issue in his moniker, but change is definitely imminent.

Today, I wore an outfit that has an interesting past. For one, I don't have a clue where the pants came from, but my pop (correct me if I'm wrong) wore them to a 60's party in the last decade. And the tie. The tie is not cut off. I'm assuming the square tie was a style, a poppin' style no doubt, back in the day. The reason this outfit is significant is I wore this to one of my first band banquets. My last one of my musical career is on Friday. You may be thinking "What!? Band banquet! You band geek!" Hold your horses cowboy, is there a snake in your boot? Number one, this is a harsh stereotype. Number two, the stereotype is most of the time true. HOWEVER, I have so much respect for the band geeks we all know and love because they truly enjoy what they are doing and having a blast doing it. With this though, behind the scenes, are the band kids who I believe should not be classified as band geeks. But, due to common society, anybody even associated with band is looked at differently. I joined band and kept with band and will continue playing because I like jamming on drums. Is there anything wrong with that? Is sound's like I would be classified a band geek. Tell me: am I a band geek? I guess that is up for you to decide. The whole band scene is quite interesting in that it really is like a giant family. Right off the bat, freshman year, I had friends in all grade levels, people saying "what's up" in halls. Pretty cool, even if they are the stereotypical band geek. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but the last four years in band have been an experience and every personality that came and went, from Mr. Rob Fox to Mr. Harrison Dalrymple, made the experience <-------------------------> that much better.

Moving on. Tonight is my last night at "Chapped," the high school group at Simi Valley Community Church. So when I was thinking about college and the people I would be leaving, I went through most the people I know and I came to terms with leaving them and possibly never seeing them again, and I was alright with it. I forgot an important part though. The people at church. Now let me tell you, the people at my youth group are one of a kind. The personalities of every single attendee are unique and part of a big puzzle that makes up the youth group. It really is incredible. I am going to miss some of the people there SO much, you probably do not even know, unless you attend and I have personally spoken with you about this topic. I'm not sure how to express my feelings and memories and impacts that these people have made for me (does that even make sense?) and expression through text is hard because you can not detect emotion through text whatsoever. I could be exaggerating, I could be sarcastic, I could be weeping, I could be extremely serious, you would have no idea. So telling all you loyal blog readers about the people I'm going to miss and my memories with them, when, most of the time, you probably will not even know who they are: why does it matter to you? I don't think it should matter to you, so I'm going to stop with the wishy-washy miss-y memories and cut to the chase. You know what, now that I think of it, I began this blog for the sole reason of remembering my senior year. I have a fairly bad memory and I just wanted to remember. So, I guess if I explained every single thing that happened to me, I would remember in 30 years. But, i don't know, it kinda seems like a waste of time to type all of that. Plus, I would have to spend time remembering which is no easy task if you know me and my memory habits. I think I am just blabbering about random stuff as of now. I am sitting in the Royal High School library during my 5th period government class. I don't really want to play anachronism with the history buffs in my gov class. So I am sitting here, at a nice round table, with the intelligent Mr. Geobio Bo. I have a feeling this blog entry is coming to a close. It's one of the those times that I do not remember what I was going to right on, and that is a problem considering I am writing this to remember in the future: quite the concept. I'm probably going to end up writing more after "chapped" tonight.

Oh yes, more things. The talent show last Sunday was pretty rad. Mr. Sean Cook and I attempted at conquering last year's performance of "What If," a short film we compiled. This year we had this phat idea: "What Is." NOOOOOOO WAAAAAYYYYYY. This is what we expected. Let me tell you, we brought the heat. We made our psychological trip not only thought provoking, but relevant to current life, which is the step up from last year. I believe it really did get people thinking, even though the applause was no where near as loud at last year's. My pop said it is probably because the film was like a slap in the face. Possibly. Here, see for yourself:

WHAT IS from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.







Edit: "oh my goodness gracious.....will be added........this is the whole memory deal i was talking about, it's bad news bears. it will be written about. thank you so much for the memory jog." This is my reply, at 1 minute before midnight to Ms. Jenn Larcomb on Facebook. A massive happening took place at Royal High School today. For some reason, one of those giant green dumpsters decided to show up where I, we, they hang out for 10 minute passing between 2nd and 3rd period. It was gold mine ladies and gentlemen. Books upon books were being thrown away. I picked up a brand new geometry book (to sell on ebay), a "how to avoid a D.U.I." book, a "save $300 a year on gasoline" pamphlet, a never before used word search book for my sister, Ms. Melanie Lott, and one other book/poster/pamphlet/napkin that I can't remember: forgive me, it's late. Anyway, this dumpster appeared randomly on Monday as well, and I picked up a SWEET bag with "WEST" in capitals and "Make life choices" on the front. I picked it up thinking I would actually use it. After about a minute thirty seconds of use, I discovered I did not need it. So I gave it to Ms. Jenn Larcomb, who insists she will take full advantage of it when she goes to Mexico in a week. She, by the way, definitely struck gold today, saving at least 3 brand new text books and many more lovely goodies. Dumpster diving should be an Olympic sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment