Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Last (gulp) Wednesday.


Today was officially the last genuine Wednesday of the 2008-2009 Royal High School school year. This is crazy is so many ways: to name two: there is less than a week left of school AND i will never ever be dressing up for Royal High School Wednesday's again. Mixed emotions. The story for today. Today is, in fact, the last Wednesday, so, naturally, it should be the biggest, baddest, craziest Wednesday of the year? This is what I thought. I did some brainstorming and was going to wear the suit I didn't wear for prom (click this to know what I'm talking about). However, late last night, I came up with this idea. The shirt sums it up pretty nicely:

"I WAS JUST THINKING.
TODAY IS THE LAST
OFFICIAL WEDNESDAY
OF MY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER.
WHAT IF I JUST WORE
SOMETHING
COMFORTABLE?
NOBODY WOULD BE
EXPECTING IT AND
IT WOULD MAKE A
GREAT MEMORY.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER?

SO I DID."


Pretty much a "read it and weep" statement. I'd say some people were disappointed, but they understood after they read the shirt. For the most part, it was a good idea. The one bad thing though was it took so long to read. I got relatively tired of waiting for people who wanted to read it. I'm sorry. I'm not going to lie though, I was quite comfortable. Sweat pants and slippers are the way to go.

I have a problem. Yesterday, or the day before yesterday, I had a phat list of stuff I would include in my blog. Guess what? I pretty much forget everything. Let's see if I remember as I continue writing (remember! stream of conscience).

I have a recent video for video production. I always like to post my videos on my blog in a certain format because it is more professional and looks good. This video does not deserve that kind of treatment, but, because I'm feeling generous, I will give it a chance. Here y'all go:



Sadie Hawkin's Dance (Internet Version) - (2009) USA/3:51 min


Summary: I made this music video for an extra credit assignment for school. I filmed it on a webcam in one take (made a few cuts in this version, the School Version is unedited), when I really wanted to do a sweet, complex music video to an awesome song by They Might Be Giants.

Filmmakers:

Morgan Lott - Everything


So that's it. I really wanted to do a complex music video, but I had no time whatsoever. I'm bummed. And I guess this turned out alright. People seemed to enjoy it, so my job is done.



Umm....in addition. I have recently finished my senior portraits that my parents desired. I had a little phun with the photoshop so are a couple. The rest are here.






The acoustics in that field were incredible. Not even funny at all. Not even a chuckle. It reminded me of the Roman Coliseum. That is all. Hope you=enjoy.

Lastly (I believe) is the yearbook. It is out and not bad. The thing is is that I have been in "annual" all year and I, along with Mr. Julian Ho and Mr. Pryce Ferona, worked on the yeardisk, our senior interactive version of the yearbook. Here's the story:

"we completely finish the yeardisk, all perfect and ready to rock. we show mr. lev. he says: "this is bad bad bad because we can not give the students access to the photos. the district does not allow it." So what does this mean? The entire yeardisk is ruined. BUT, we think about it...what if we hid all of the files so they cannot be seen by the students unless they are incredibly smart? So we try it....it works brilliantly on mac.....but not windows. we spend 3 hours trying to get it to work on windows. it's not happening.

so this is what we decided to do:

make the yeardisk only for people with macs

now, 90% of the seniors at our school probably use windows, so 90% of seniors will never see the senior yeardisk...."

This was a quote from a conversation I decided to save because it, I believe, accurately expresses my concern. Anyway, the day after, we got a working Windows version. However, that night was the yearbook distribution. So our work went down the tubes. So now we have working copies of both windows and mac 2009 Royal High School Yeardisks. So now we three guys can give them to whoever wants them. So all you Royal High School seniors! If you want a yeardisk, let me know! I'll get you one.

I definitely feel like I'm missing something other than a recollection of the entire year, the friendships I've made, the memories that have been strewn, and the little bits and pieces of personalities that have rubbed off on me and other people.

This is finished. I might add more later. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment