Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Star Wars


I feel there is a lot to write about, but I am drawing a blank. Try, I will.

Drumline ended this last weekend. I was thoroughly surprised the entire year. I honestly do not understand it. Here's the story: last year was horrendous. Yeah, I guess it was a little fun at times, but we did horrible at the competitions and it was, let me put it this way, embarrassing. So, naturally, I did not want to join this year. My heart was set on this. I was not going to waste hours upon hours of my time and $400 to work my tail off and virtually get laughed at. Nevertheless, I joined. Steve and Danny convinced me it would not be a repeat of last year. Sure enough, first couple practices....it was like I never left.

Now, I don't know how it happened, but we took first place at the first competition. I was befuddled. How on earth did we not get last place, let alone first? I still do not know how we did it. Anyway, I'd say this got us pumped. Long story short and many arguments and yelling later, we get to our second to last competition. Not only do we take first place out of 15 groups, we beat the second place team by 8 points. Yeah, that's right, we ruined the curve. Because of this, we were bumped up a division- for championships. LAME. We were consistently taking the field and winning, and now, for championships, we will be in a division higher and most likely get slammed. Great.

The period of time before championships=HORRIBLE. In this time, we had our worst practice that got so bad that we just quit halfway through and went home. Not good at all. We don't even finish the show. The entire season was spent working on this show that we couldn't even finish in the end. We get to championships, hoping we do not get last place. I just wanted to beat one solitary drumline and it would be worth it. Guess what? We took first place. NUTS!!!!


I don't understand it. Royal High School drumline never does good, ever. This year we OWNED. I don't understand it. We must have been pretty decent. There were plenty of faults from my point of view, but I guess they must have been pretty minimal. I just don't understand it.

I hope you realize that I don't understand it. I truly does not make sense. Anyway, drumline was definitely worth it this year. I didn't get in near as much trouble as I have in previous years (haha), but it definitely had it's moments. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and I honestly believe, at least for most the school, the drumline is looked upon with a higher regard than the band. That's right. We have worked hard to reach this point.

Alright, moving on. I have been super, incredibliy, insanely, rediculously, deliciously, majestically, celebratingly, masterfully busy to a point of overwhelm. Here is the next week:

  • Thursday: Prom nominee video due.
  • Friday: School (not used to it). Prom video showing. Biola Film Festival.
  • Saturday: Jazz Festival in the morning. Prom: the rest
  • Sunday: Church. Tryout for Heartland gig with cousin Matt. MAD studying....AP tests on Monday and Tuesday. Also on this day, as pointed out by the majestic Scott Weir, is the critically acclaimed Pinewood Derby.
  • Monday: Sci-Fi/Fantasy film due. Government AP test.
  • Tuesday: Statistics AP test.
  • Wednesday: Homefree!
You probably don't realize how much this is. Editing film takes FOREVER and we have two due. Fun, but not fun, if you know what I mean.



I feel like there is more. I feel like there is more. This blog entry was not particularly comical. If that aspect gives you your kicks, I am sorry. This blog entry featured kind of a strange picture. Let me assure you, it is not a normally and will not become a normality. If that aspect gives you your kicks, I am sorry. I hope you have a wonderful day, and hope you stay clean from the quickly spreading Swine Flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment