Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ralph Lauren


Today's inspiration: yesterday: Byron Mak: lunch: declaration: preppy people who wear sweaters around their neck: I tell him I'm going to do it: I show up looking like a country club, preppy New Englander: I tell people I finished 18 holes before school and plan to go play polo after school: I did in a sense: without horses:

Today I have to write the script for my new film "William Matthews," the story of a boy who becomes a recluse after his friends disappear. It's a really depressing story, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm not exactly in the best mood right now. In theory, it really can not get any better than this, but this is not theory, this is reality. I really do not want to write this script. Listening to slow depressing music helps me get in the mode. I'm listening to A Perfect Circle's "The Noose." Lovely title, ain't it? It sets the tone for the project I guess. We'll I'm going to get started. The film is due Jan 16, so expect an internet premiere on this very blog sometime around that day. Wish me luck. Happy reading:

ADDITION: I forgot a very important aspect of my day. As you know I was mocking the preppy clothing style we all know and love. I walked into third period, with my popped collar and sweater around my neck when I run into Mr. Westlund, you know, the disney animator sub, who, very ironically, was wearing his sweater the EXACT same way I was. I don't know if he realized I was mocking the style, but either way, I felt rather uncomfortable as I walked past him the three times I did during the day. Very strange experienece. And the funny thing is, I've never seen anybody in real life wear a sweater like that, only in the movies and magazine ads, and the one day I do it? Mr. Westlund picks up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment