Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Donation


Life's a blur.

I gave blood today. A think a pint. I'm not sure. Giving blood is great because it's free. Our bodies replenish the amount you donate in 48 hours or so and the blood you gave away could potentially save someone's life. That's incredible. I gave blood in high school. Here's a picture:


It was a big deal. You know what is also funny? The quality of the blog at the time this picture was taken: 2008. Take a look. It's comical. http://emliv.blogspot.com/2008/10/blood.html


Spring break was last week. Easter. He is risen. Knockout. Sun. Rain. Jenn's 21st. Pismo Beach. Video:

PISMO :: A Portrait from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.


This video was actually quite monumental. I've been telling people that it was a jumpstart. I've been in a little bit of a rut as of late as far as video production. I've heard over the years that, especially if your career is also your passion, you absolutely need to have other side projects to turn to, to keep your creativity fresh; an outlet to try new things, make mistakes without severe consequence.  This Pismo video was exactly that, I tried out a new filming technique, tried out editing in Adobe Premiere, and tried out color grading in Adobe After Effects. There were frustrations, joys, all that comes with trial and error, but I am STOKED about the result. Jumpstarted my passion for film. Success.


A video went viral this week. It's called A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE and it is absolutely 100% incredible. One of the best ads I've ever seen. Ever.





And that's the post! I know, a tad short, but hey, life's a blur. Craziness craziness craziness craziness. 



Enjoy the weather, it's beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment