Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Overwhelm-ation


This last week. Woah. It's been a week of intensity. It's been a week of extremity. It's been a week of surprise. It's been a week of celebration. It's been a week of remembrance. It's been a week of emotion. It's been a week of assumption. It's been a week of danger. It's been a week of longevity. It's been a week since last Wednesday.

During the last week, one concept has stood out to me: LIFE IS A RIDE, so you'd better BUCKLE UP.


During this last week, one million and a half different past, present, and future events, experiences, thoughts, conversations, memories, aspirations, dreams and other "stuff" were revealed, uncovered, dug up from the mountain of my life. On Monday, while I was at work, it all hit me, like a baseball bat hitting a baseball, like a brick through a window, like an ice cream cone splatting onto the floor. So what did I do? I headed over to the fountain to "think" about it.

I was there five minutes.


On Monday afternoon, I wrote this on my facebook wall for all the world to see:

I sat down by the fountain to think about my future. "Since when did I have control?" So I left & stopped thinking about it. #lifesaTRIP

Boom. That was it, completely stopped thinking about it. It was good feeling. Now, it's not that I've forgotten about it, these issues are still very present and very relevant. BUT, when stress and overwhelm-ation set in, boy, that's no good and it's not heading in a very good direction. Why mull around when I know for a 100% fact that God's in control? What happens, happens and, regardless good or bad, God has blessed me in that specific situation for a specific reason, an experience to learn by. I have absolutely no control over anything so WHY IN THE WORLD get so stressed out about it? Life's a trip and I'm just a long for the ride. Sure it get's bumpy, the oil needs to be changed every once in a while, but hey, it's a blast.


That ended on an optimistic note. The next video may change that. This video is INCREDIBLE. It's heartbreaking, personable, and hopeful. I don't know how to put it into words other than it's definitely worth a watch. (Disclaimer: there are a few "choice" words).


Last Minutes with ODEN


Last Minutes with ODEN from phos pictures on Vimeo.


Unreal. I feel for this man and his love for his dog. There's something about this story that is so easy to relate to. We all desire unconditional love; regardless of situation, the love we crave never wavers and is always there for you. While I was watching this short film, the parallels between Oden and our Father in Heaven were incredible. The most notable difference? Christ's unconditional love is TRULY unconditional. He will never leave us, will never grow old, will not die out, and will always be there even if we can't feel it.

Unbelievable. The funny thing is we do not deserve it AT ALL.



The next video is an interview with Eliot Rausch, the director of "Last Minutes with ODEN."  This man is truly inspiring, using his gifts to tell a story, an extremely real story. As I continue in my film studies, messing and fooling around with different subject matters, content, etc., I am learning more and more that I am intrigued with REAL life. Capturing life as it plays out with as little "Hollywood" influence as possible. That's a completely different topic though. Enjoy this interview, I know I did:



Eliot Rausch on "Last Call" with Carson Daly from phos pictures on Vimeo.





Speaking of filmic inspiration, I've been chugging through some fun little shorts.  They're all short, under 1 minute each, and they're all happily unique, bizarre, and promotional, all in the same.

1. SPOOKTACULAR: This is a promo for HME's dance Spooktacular going on at the end of this month. I decided to act a little, this is what happened.


SPOOKTACULAR IS COMING from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.
.

2. UP: THE MAN IN THE FLYING CHAIR: This is a promo for a theatre/film production directed by Mr. Ian Mayta.  I very much enjoyed developing this idea of using stock footage as the main content. The opening video to the production will also be a video in this similar style, I'm excited to begin working on it.


The Man in the Flying Chair from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.



3. ANIMAL FICTION: This is a promo for a short film directed by Mr. Zack Campbell that I will be editing in the near future. I'm PUMPED to be involved on this project.


Animal Fiction: A Promo from Morgan Lott on Vimeo.







And there! There you have it!


The blog post for the 26th of October.





Have a most excellent day today. Take a short brisk walk around the neighborhood. Say hello to a neighbor. Talk about something you've never talked about before.



Enjoy life, it only happens once.

No comments:

Post a Comment