Wednesday, March 4, 2009

June Gloom



June Gloom: the name of the game. I dressed in gray today, reflecting the mood and tone of the day as rain made its presence known. One item of importance was not caught by any one person. Due to the rain, I did not wear dress shoes with my "suit," I wore my average sneakers. Alas, I did not perform as I should have. I feel like I am talking in a rather bourgeois tone, but do to sitting in the beloved Royal High School library, this may be expected. Moving on. Today after school, I am going to a meeting for the "Every 15 Minutes" multimedia team. I signed up to film all day the 11th, then edit all night for the "Every 15 Minutes" assembly the next day. "Unique in its design and powerful in its impact, 'Every 15 Minutes' is an educational experience that reminds us all of the dangers associated with driving while impaired. The crash is staged, the emotions are real!" That's a direct quote from their website (http://every15minutes.com/enter/enter.html) ladies and gentlemen. It should be rather interesting.

Life update. The college search is coming to an end as I am officially accepted to Biola University, along with its film school, and Point Loma University. Pretty cool, I'd say. However, now I have to decide which one to go to. I'm not going to go through that here, but if anybody has any information concerning the Graphic Design and Film majors of Point Loma University, please let me know. I have a wealth of information about Biola (I have my resources), but have very little about Point Loma. Let me know.

Also, I interviewed for Hume Lake summer staff on the 1st. I'd say it went pretty well, but basically I was told it is unlikely I will get the position I want due to graduation and absence during the first two"ish" (thanks Mr. Shuster (nobody will get that unless they are in 3rd period stats)) weeks of summer. Nevertheless, I did give a demo reel to my the Hume representative and hopefully it will set me apart from the rest. Mr. Rich Baker himself told me that. Hopefully he is right. It would be unreal to be working the media department at Hume during the summer. Absolutely unreal. I have my hopes.

That's pretty much it. I've been in arguably the busiest weeks in my entire life, last weekend was ridiculously, atrociously, masterfully insane. I guess it is better than sitting at my house, doing nothing, or going out and getting in trouble with the people who don't do much with their lives. If you are somebody who has a whole lot of free time, I mean no offense. I continue to sit in the beloved Royal High School library, wondering what I will do for the next half hour. Probably some government homework. Speaking of government, I need to refill my peanut/raisin/chocolate chip mixture (If you know what I'm talking about--major props). Have a wonderful day everybody and June is arriving way to quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment