Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Only 1



I am sorry to admit I forgot St. Patrick's Day. Let me rephrase that. I never knew yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. No idea. I got to school and BAM! the color green invaded my eyes and BAM I knew instantly: it was St. Patrick's Day. I have not forgotten a holiday since last years Cinco De Mayo, an event I am not happy about. Anyway, I did not dress up for St. Patrick's Day yesterday. So, as today is Wednesday, I figured I would dress up for St. Patrick's Day the day after. It's only one day after right? So what? That was my theme. If you observe, I have "It's only 1 day" on my shirt. This worked out way better than planned. It was wonderful. Here's a synopsis: "Hey Morgan, you are one day late!" My response: "Yeah, but it's only one day!" as I turn and show my shirt. Mr. Jordan Dimock was the first to observe this phenomenon. It commented on it in an instant. I also wrote "SO WHAT" on my knees. This worked out wonderfully as well. Here's a synopsis: "Hey Morgan, you are one day late!" My response: "Yeah, but it's only one day!" as I turn and show my shirt. Not impressed, they respond "That's stupid!" to which I responded while directing their attention to my knees, "So what!" Pretty awesome. People enjoyed the goggles also. Really random, who wears goggles to school? I can tell you that I do. I have on two different occasions now. I ran into the problem this morning of what to wear on my face. I thought I had a pair of green wayfarers, but sadly I did not (If I remember right, I lost them last St. Patrick's Day. Ironic?). So I tried to think of what I could wear when BAM!: goggles. They have green rims and they match the intensity of the socks. Wonderful at its best.

Now for the spiel about life. Life has been absolutely insane: craziness. I know know that time really is of the essence, and that's not just legal talk. Time (I found this out the hard way yesterday) needs to be taken advantage of. It should not be wasted. This is unavoidable is some instances however. For instance, some classes at school, like the one I am writing this in. However, I am required by law to be here, but think of all the things I could do if I didn't have to spend an hour of my day wasting away in computer bliss (there's a hint of the class)? By the way, it's not always a waste, but it has been recently. Here's a rant. How do people have time for tv? I always hear people talking about their favorite shows and how they watch one, two, or even three shows a night. I don't understand. I have not sat down to watch tv in months and months. Maybe its just me. I guess I just get really involved. Music is huge in my life. I'm in drumline (massive amount of time), jazz (school, festivals, shows, etc), and play drums at Chapped/church (Wednesdays, Sundays). That's a lot. That's a lot of drums. Then, on top of this, I have video production which if you have ever had to edit a video/movie, you know what kind of time commitment that takes. There is probably all sorts of other things that I do, but rarely rarely rarely do I have a good chunk of time to just chill. For the first time in months and months, I chilled with a friend for a while. Mr. Kelii Miyata and I just toured Simi for a while, discovering some sweet spots in the city we all know and love. It was awesome and I miss just hanging with friends. I need to do it more often, but guess what!? Mr. Father Time has a different opinion.


Class is out: I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment